Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Clothes, how much do your children have?
1  2  Next

zigi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 3:17 pm
I'm wondering how often do you do laundry and do you buy your childrens clothes based on that fact? I basically do it abou every 2 weeks so I try to but 16 outfits, for each child

happyone

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 3:49 pm
16 per kid???? do you rob a bank before each season!!????
it might be cheaper to hire cleaning help to do laundry more often!

Smile

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 4:05 pm
My kids have waaaaay too many clothes. I buy almost all of them secondhand. It's not based on laundry. Although I could probably get away with doing it every two weeks. That's a lot of laundry to do at one time.

red sea

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 4:49 pm
I get 8 weekday & 2 shabbos per season but I do laundry daily so I never have a big job.

motheroftwo

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 5:38 pm
I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read that - 16 per child???? How many kids do you have if I may ask? I do laundry once a week. THey have about 7 outfits. Where do you store all that stuff? just curious...

happymom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 5:46 pm
I do laundry twice a week and I have about nine weeday ooutfits and two or three for shabbos... 6 pjs.

cindy324

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 6:15 pm
Laundry only every other week??!! You and your hubby must have tons of clothes and underwear, too! I can barely go 2 days without doing laundry.

ElTam

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 7:26 pm
My little one has WAY too many clothes. I would say in her active wardrobe she has 8 or 9 dresses/jumpers, 10 to 12 sweaters, 8 pants outfits, and about 6 other pairs of pants and 8 to 10 tops. However, in her life, I have bought her three Shabbos dresses, plus some shoes, tights and socks. All the rest is hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law, gifts (including many second-hand and yard sale finds from family.

I do about three to four loads of laundry a week for the three of us. One of those is sheets and towels. The rest is clothes.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 7:53 pm
Quote:
I get 8 weekday & 2 shabbos per season but I do laundry daily so I never have a big job.

Well mine have 6 outfits and 2 shabbos dresses per season I think thats plenty Tongue Out can't imagine what I would do w/h 16 Confused , but otherwise yes I too do laundry daily Very Happy

imanut

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 8:37 pm
I do laundry once a week so both kids have enough clothes for a week, but they get worn out before the size is outgrown so I think it makes more sense to have enough for 2 weeks.
plus I get bored of always seeing the same outfits.

raizy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 9:16 pm
my kids have too many about 6 outfits for weekday and 3-4 for shabbos. plus my younger kids have old and new so they have more .

I do laundry every single day twise a day. in the morning one load and in the evening one load.

but why after shabbos I have at least 5 loads. I never figured it out.. I wash on friday and comes motzie shabbos I have 5 loads...

BlumaG

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 9:34 pm
well raizy how many kids do u have
?
I do laundry twice a wk only bc I dont want so much laundry I cant handle besides right now my toddler is low on itghts, we're waiting for bubby to send some more Smile
my kids outfits r stuff my mother bought them, hand me downs from my sis in law, she has twin girls a couple yrs older and presendts from unmarried friends, my baby has more than enough clothes for 2 wks, my toddler has about 12 outfits and 6 pj's some from last winter bought big and still fit
I think 7 wkday and 4 pj's seem right to me

Tovah

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 9:36 pm
am I the only one that has no idea how many outfits my kids have.

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 10:00 pm
zigi wrote:
I'm wondering how often do you do laundry and do you buy your childrens clothes based on that fact? I basically do it abou every 2 weeks so I try to but 16 outfits, for each child

OMG!!! How many kids do you have??

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 10:02 pm
Tovah wrote:
am I the only one that has no idea how many outfits my kids have.

I havennever even thought to actually count how many outfits my kids have...
probably because I spend half my life in the laundry! LOL

shanie5

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 10:04 pm
no tovah, youre not the only one. I know my kids have at least enuf for 6 days(although laundry is daily).some have over a dozen due to hand me downs, others have just enuf to bring me their laundry once a week.

zigi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 11:52 pm
I was just wondering what peoples reactions would be! I have 2 kids, and I have to go to the laundromat. I can only do laundry, when my husband is home, so that means going at night, not raining etc... alot of it is hand me downs, and from bubby I also buy from clearance and outlets. I try to aim to have enough for about two weeks also now that my son is 20 months he's not getting as dirty, while my baby insits on spitting up a lot so she needs alot, and for her pajamas are included in the total. I'm asking because my friend has a machine and she has alot less clothes for her baby. my husband has a lot of undershirts and etc because as a bochur he would try to stretch out the laundry. I know that if I had a machine I would do it at least every week! and they would have a lot less clothes!

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 11:55 pm
Now I guess it meakes more sense. Smile
I have k'ah washing to do every single day... if I don't do it for one day, it all piles up crazily! Very Happy Don't even ask how my laundry looked after chol ha'moed! Very Happy

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:17 am
I can imagine I did 9 loads of laundry after yom tov threr would have been more but the rest was for dry cleaning

tzivi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:19 am
zigi,
I didn't have that much drycleaning.
But, I did have heaps of washing! Very Happy

I actually told my husband that if I didn't return from the laundry within 2 days, he should call emergency services! Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics