Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Giving away apt for pesach

Do u give away apt when going away?
yes  
 6%  [ 6 ]
Absolutely Not!  
 93%  [ 85 ]
Total Votes : 91

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 11:27 am
I'm being away for the whole pesach.... If family finds out that we are not being home they'll want to use my house... I'm not comfortable giving away my bedroom-I live in a 1 bdrm apt... I don't want to sound mean....

pause

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 11:38 am
I have done it a few times but only for money. It takes time (or money for a cleaning lady) to get the house guest-ready and Pesach-ready.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:37 pm
I would never want other people taking over my apartment especially not my bedroom!! That’s our private intimate space

tweety1

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:40 pm
I have done it once. It was an extreme circumstance for my closest friend. Dh told me I can't tell her no. I was in my 3rd month. My friend didn't know yet. I was about to tell her. Dh told me to tell her after yt when she leaves because if she'll find out before she won't take it from me knowing that I'll work too hard. I was asked countless times and nicely say I'm sorry but it's not a favor I do.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:13 pm
I really admire my sons and dils who routinely allow people to stay in their apts. when they go away for YT. The payback is that their neighbors let us stay in their apts. when they go away.

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:15 pm
I do it. it's not so hard for me.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:18 pm
I had neighbors who were so gracious and giving, and they allowed me to use their apartments over the years for my company over Pesach. It was not use of their master bedroom though - usually a guest room or high-riser in their kids' bedroom. It's something I really appreciated.

I also hosted their company (in my guestroom) many times (though I never go away for YT myself, so never gave apartment over YT).

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:23 pm
You would have to do a ton of extra cleaning, no? Just tell them you are planning to sell the whole house

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:47 pm
You have 1 bedroom. No.
For an emergency if someone just wants to sleep on couch and not use your kitchen, maybe for some one you really feel comfortable with. And tell them you are not cleaning for pesach.
Don’t tell anyone until right before you leave.
We had such accommodations- sleeping only- we were eating next door.
Master bedroom is private.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:59 pm
I've done it, but never for pesach. If I'm not home for pesach, the whole point is to avoid the cleaning and Kashering. If I'm doing those things, might as well stay home.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 3:53 pm
I don't because I'm a little disorganized and it's too hard to have to get it ready for guests.

But, I never understand what the issue is specifically with giving away your own bedroom? What's so sacred about it just because you're intimate in there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics