Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When did you start making Pesach?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

How many years were you married when you started making Pesach?
I made Pesach since I was single  
 7%  [ 26 ]
Shana Rishona  
 18%  [ 67 ]
2-5 years  
 36%  [ 129 ]
6-9 years  
 17%  [ 63 ]
10-13 years  
 7%  [ 25 ]
14-17 years  
 2%  [ 8 ]
18+ years  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I've never made Pesach  
 7%  [ 26 ]
Other (explain in comments)  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 354

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:20 am
amother Navy wrote:
I had no choice but to make Pesach during Covid, I was 21 and married for 3 years…. We loved it so much that we make Pesach ourselves every year since then !!!!! The Seder is so cozy and romantic, like a long lovely date…. We put the babies to bed on time, don’t have any guests, and just have a s£xy Seder by ourselves.

How does relations come in with seder? Romantic maybe since it's intimate only the two of you, but s3xy? Like you sit in lingerie? Or you sit on his lap? I mean, for goodness sake is nothing holy anymore???

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:21 am
I chose 6-9 because that was when we first started making the entire pesach ourselves. But before that, we were sometimes home for half.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:23 am
We got married in Israel and made pesach from the first year. We ate out for the seder and yomtov/Shabbos seudos, but I made all the chol hamoed food.
We made our own seder first when friends made aliyah just before pesach. Then I had enough old enough people to make it interesting. I think we’ve made it since then.
We hosted my sister and her family for a couple years till our kids got big enough to need their own attention.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 3:45 am
Honestly, I don't really remember.
I'm married 27 years.
Cleaning and meals from very early on.
We did go away to programs a few times. Sometimes for the whole yom tov, sometimes for only a part if it.
We did go once or twice to my parents who live in another country but that was over twenty years ago.
Sedorim at home I've only done about three times. Most years we go to my in laws for Seder but they live in walking distance and I do most of the cooking.
This year B'ezrat Hashem we plan to be at home for Seder with our children and grandchildren. Our marrieds do not move in for the entire Yom Tov. My in laws may come to us, not sure yet.
I am in Israel with only one Seder.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:13 am
Married 19 years. Clean my house every year. The first 2 years we ate the seder by my ils. After that, they started to travel overseas to their kids. So since then, I've been making seder at home. In the last few years, the ils would sometimes eat by us.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:58 am
Married just under ten years. I voted never but I made once during Covid.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:02 am
Staying for Pesach isn't always the hardest option.

I clean my apartment spic n span for Pesach because we rent it out.

We then shlep and travel oversees and spend a ton of money on it.

We arrive to our family, usually we arrange private accomadations and I cook the entire Pesach together and help clean with my sister whilst watching the kids.

I think it's so much simpler to stay home but then we would never get to see family.

Cooking for my own tiny family and enjoying the peace sounds like a dream. Perhaps this will be the last Pesach away for us.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:54 am
BT so since I was single. Loved getting invites, but couldn't count on it. Could afford $$$$ to go to premade Seders

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:01 am
I'm not sure how to vote

I cleaned and turned over every year even in shana rishona, but the first few years we were home only chol hamoed and away for the yomtov days

I think once we moved into parents, when I had a newborn just 2 weeks old and my other little ones were 1.5 and 3.

Until today (married 15 years) we usually go to parents; either for the first days, last days, or shabbos. and home for the rest.

Obviously we don't live so far away (less then an hour to both sets of parents)

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:12 am
I'm the youngest child of a pretty small family so my parents have an empty house- they would be highly insulted if we didn't come, so I'm not going to say no.
We didn't even make succos till we were married 5 years because they wanted us to come!

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:36 am
I voted 18+years, but then saw “Covid doesn’t count” which it doesn’t and we are still going away long past 18 years of marriage

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:48 am
From the third year- except the Seder (and one year I skipped when I had 3, 3 and under and my in-laws kindly hosted us so I wouldn’t have to clean my house at all.)
Started making our own seder from the time we were 7 years married and still go to family for one seder a couple decades on.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:51 am
I voted wrong. We first stayed home for Pesach when we were married nine years, but I didn't actually cook - we were invited out or had food sent to us for every meal. I had pregnancy complications and it was a last minute need to stay home.

The first proper, full Pesach I made was after 13 years.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:05 am
We spent one or two years going to parents - only for sedarim, our house was cleaned and kashered and used for chol hamoed and last days - and then we switched it around.
Everyone came to me or my siblings for the sedarim. I worked very (very) hard but we all had a fantastic time. Kids slept on the living room floors, library floors, couches, extra beds, mattresses.
Couples had their own rooms. We weren't a huge family. It was a pleasure seeing my parents relax with the children and grandchildren. They served their time and so deserved the rest.

It is ridiculous that married children expect to be guests for so many years. It's nice if they can be but if that doesn't work out for whatever reason make your own. You're a grown up.
You realize, that for every family not making Pesach, another family is making for 2. Unless you are going to a program.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:21 am
I voted never but I don’t feel that’s accurate since I did make it in 2020

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:31 am
I voted 2-5 years but I cleaned and kashered from shana rishona and slept home and was home chol hamoed from the first year.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:53 am
amother Navy wrote:
I had no choice but to make Pesach during Covid, I was 21 and married for 3 years…. We loved it so much that we make Pesach ourselves every year since then !!!!! The Seder is so cozy and romantic, like a long lovely date…. We put the babies to bed on time, don’t have any guests, and just have a s£xy Seder by ourselves.

I’m sorry what??? S-xy???????
I’ll be the first one to say that intimacy is heilig, but sheesh… there’s a time and a place!!
The Seder is not a date! It’s a time to spend with family and praise Hashem

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:00 am
When I was married 4 years and pregnant with my 3rd, we had a complicated family situation AND intense deadlines at work that I had to work Erev yt and Chol Hamoed and only in person.
We made our own Yom Tov (both parents and inlaws live more than an 8 hour drive away).
It was nice.

After that, over the next 15 years, we've gone away maybe 3 times.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:32 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I voted 18+years, but then saw “Covid doesn’t count” which it doesn’t and we are still going away long past 18 years of marriage

You are at least 40 and never made pesach? You still go to your parents?
How many kids do you have?
Wow!
I'm so curious how this works.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:37 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
You are at least 40 and never made pesach? You still go to your parents?
How many kids do you have?
Wow!
I'm so curious how this works.

I’m at least 10 years older than you think.
My siblings live closer to my parents but I live a full days drive away. My married kids live overseas and haven’t been able to come home for Pesach so far, for various reasons. I’ve really been wanting to make my own Pesach, but since my parents would be alone if we wouldn’t come and haven’t seen my parents probably since last Pesach, it works out to go to them. But I do all the cooking and some of the shopping once I get there.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics