Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Eretz Yisrael trip help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:02 am
We are planning a family trip to Eretz Yisrael in the summer. DH will be taking the older kids on trips every day while I stay behind with the 2 youngest.

The more we plan the trip, the more I am getting resentful.

I feel like I am shlepping half way across the world to watch my babies in the park.

I would like to plan 1 day for myself.

Im thinking of a massage and facial at a spa.

Anyone have ideas where I can go?

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:32 am
There are spas in Israel -- but will you be able to enjoy them if you are taking care of 2 little kids? Where will you be staying?

Why don't you and your DH switch duties for a day or two? Or why can't you all go on daytrips that appeal to everyone?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:38 am
DrMom wrote:
There are spas in Israel -- but will you be able to enjoy them if you are taking care of 2 little kids? Where will you be staying?

Why don't you and your DH switch duties for a day or two? Or why can't you all go on daytrips that appeal to everyone?

I can get DH and kids to watch the little kids for a day. They would do something low key.

Our older kids want adventure trips (which I dont enjoy, but DH does).

We will be staying in Jerusalem for a week and a weekend in the North.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:39 am
Is it an option to find a babysitter for some days?

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:44 am
Work out something that is fair for everyone. Let's say 2 adventure trip days where you stay back with the younger ones - maybe you can meet up with some friends or relatives those days? A few days you can do low key outings that the whole family can enjoy. That should leave a couple off days for shopping, social visits, kosel, old city, museums..

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:54 am
A lot of tourists with young kids bring along a babysitter, so they can enjoy their travel better. Is that an option for you?

music123

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:09 am
When my family went to israel we did a lot of adventure things where the kids could join in some way- we had all ages from baby to older teens. and sooo soo many things that are great for all ages - disclaimer I was one of the kids - so my mothers perspective may have been different Very Happy

ex.
aquakef in teveria - and younger kids played by the beach with fun toys
segwaying in tlv - they have these sitting segways now, that there are seats in the front for a kid 6 or under
ein gedi, little kids stayed by the first pool while everyone else finished the hike
midbar yehuda ATVing - where the bigger kids went in a rugged ATV and got to drive, younger kids were with one adult in a jeep with a driver from the - so was calmer and less bumpy
Horsebackriding in netanya- younger kids can go on a pony and then have little activities by the farm
zipline tour with rockclimbing and play ground on site for little kids

then the two or three big long hikes, only the bigger kids did, but it wasn't that many days.

If these are thing you would do, I can go on & on...

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:41 am
Why do you need to stay home with the 2 younger ones? Why can you all go and do something for everyone (though not every day).

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:42 am
There are hot springs in Tveria and in Hamat Gader, so that might be an option for you if your DH and older kids are going to be in the area.

Also, many hotels and zimmers throughout the country have spas that are open on a day basis for non-guests. You can find something in the area where the rest of your family will be.

choco1

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:20 am
They have kramim spas here that are beautiful and really good. A real treat....
You need to book now I think. Bec they fill up

The one I'd recommend is just outside Yerushalayim..(you can Google it)

If not most hotels around Jerusalem have massage and facials ie. Inbal, waldorf etc

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:00 am
Sounds like you’re going for less than 2 weeks? I wouldn’t waste a day there in a spa- you can do that when you come back. Plan trips that all of you can enjoy, and set aside a day or 2 for them to take adventure trips without you- meet up with friends or family on those days, and take an evening out with DH when they get back from the trip.

rachelli66

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:08 am
Please do not go to Israel and watch your babies in a park. Are you coming for Pesach, or Summer? You can get a babysitter from here to help you out with the 2 little ones or together with the family, it's just really another set of hands. Maybe you have family or friends in neighborhoods in Jerusalem that can post for a Mommy's helper for trips on their Nshei lists.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 12:18 pm
music123 wrote:
When my family went to israel we did a lot of adventure things where the kids could join in some way- we had all ages from baby to older teens. and sooo soo many things that are great for all ages - disclaimer I was one of the kids - so my mothers perspective may have been different Very Happy

ex.
aquakef in teveria - and younger kids played by the beach with fun toys
segwaying in tlv - they have these sitting segways now, that there are seats in the front for a kid 6 or under
ein gedi, little kids stayed by the first pool while everyone else finished the hike
midbar yehuda ATVing - where the bigger kids went in a rugged ATV and got to drive, younger kids were with one adult in a jeep with a driver from the - so was calmer and less bumpy
Horsebackriding in netanya- younger kids can go on a pony and then have little activities by the farm
zipline tour with rockclimbing and play ground on site for little kids

then the two or three big long hikes, only the bigger kids did, but it wasn't that many days.

If these are thing you would do, I can go on & on...

Yes!!! I would love all these ideas! And please mention which are the best ones!!

music123

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 1:56 pm
Sure, I haven't done all of these (most yes) But I've sent people to all.

aquakef can be a bit much, because it gets realllyyy hot, best for 12+, teens love it, other kids depending on how cautious etc, also hard b/c mens/womens/mixed hours might not always work out for you

segwaying anywhere is amazing, with little kids, these are super fun and a great way to explore a neighborhood without shlepping around -
https://smart-tour.co.il/ez-ra.....ng=en

ein gedi is amazing... and very "eretz Yisrael" not just fun. better to go in the morning before it gets boiling... it is harder to go with babies, if your not good with a baby carrier

ATVing- Cnaan tours, ‭02-5355351 - just specify the ages and drivers, they divide you up into ATVs, for over 4 or 5, and anyone younger (or scared) goes in a jeep, so they are along for the drive and the stops, but not as wild... they have a few locations, pretty sure we went to maale adumim

in teveria you can go on a boat ride with a tube, littles stay on the boat, bigger ones get to go on the tube... hard part is in the summer most places dont let you book in advance. you just go down to the yigal alon promenade and pick on of the many options and then wait a bit with what feels like the entire am yisrael

horse back riding in netanya - not 100% sure this is the right one, dor ranch 054-459-2180, just confirm he has for kids too

ramat gan safari, gan gooroo, bet guvrin archeological digs, tomo candy workshop, tachana rishona, tunnel tours

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:12 pm
This is AMAZING!!!!
Thank you so much!

Let me know if you think of anything else!

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:12 pm
Have a bunch of teenage boys.
are any shmiras ainayim issue?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:17 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Have a bunch of teenage boys.
are any shmiras ainayim issue?

ein gedi is definitely an issue,
I presume all water activities would be aswell

music123

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 2:27 pm
That's a whole other convo... I don't want to take responsibility for anyones shmiras einayim... and different standards

water sports definately will have issues...

aquakef has 3 time slots - if you want to split up. seperat mens, seperate womens and mixed

beaches def... yigal alon promenade during bein hazmanim is 99% religious families, but I dont want to promise... they also have two sides - the "chareidi" side is on the left ex. 2 party boats at night, one with regular israeli party music and one blasting avraham fried etc LOL

ein gedi is not great...personally, I wouldn't go now with my husb...

horseback riding is officially on the part of the beach where no one is allowed to swim, so it should be fine, earlier in the am is prob the best time, but there can definitely be a stray jogger or two

next to every separate beach, there is a section, officially not for swimming that lots of frum families go to... everyone is "tznius" but obv different standards... and you cant really swim, its not safe ( tho lots of ppl do, dont get me started)...

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 3:20 pm
thank you, very well put

How do I find out about horseback riding, where would I find the best price?

music123

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 3:27 pm
I don't have more #s, I think the yeshiva and seminary guide used to have a lot of trip ideas and phone numbers... I would call a few places to find out price range, anything way less I would be nervous of unless you get a recommendation from someone...

beit chilkiya farm, chavaya bchava might have horseback riding also...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics