Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Rinas BY seminary
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 9:03 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
This is the first I’m hearing about this and my daughter is there coming home shortly for pesach. My daughter is very happy, doing great and doesn’t have a real relationship with principal but says she’s nice.
For those who have attended rinas, do you think I need to discuss this on sone level with my daughter and/or try to dig deep with my daughter to check in if she’s been experiencing the confusion sone of you have experienced? Or can I assume that if my daughter is happy and seems well when she comes home, this may not have touched her?

Perhaps I would ask her what she would say to someone who asks for information about the seminary/would she recommend?
It is possible that she isn’t affected and that she hasn’t been “targeted”, so to speak.
If you would have asked my mother while I was there, she would have said I was truly happy there as well.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

MotherBsimcha

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:10 pm
When I was looking at seminaries for my dd, I asked more than a dozen alumni about Rinas and Mrs. Friedman. Not ONE described Mrs. Friedman the way you did. They all said that she treated all of her students with warmth and never heard her speak about other girls. She was a role model in every sense of the word. From all I heard, I am sending to Rinas this upcoming year with 100% confidence that there's not a better seminary / mechaneses out there.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:39 pm
I feel so bad for everyone saying they had a bad experience there. But people should know that many girls love/d their seminary year at rinas and still keep in touch with Mrs. Friedman. I don't think what was said in this thread is true for everyone.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
I feel so bad for everyone saying they had a bad experience there. But people should know that many girls love/d their seminary year at rinas and still keep in touch with Mrs. Friedman. I don't think what was said in this thread is true for everyone.

Such things aren't usually true for everyone. That doesn't make it easier for those it became true for.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:53 pm
Another thing that was not mentioned was that the Seminary has a crazy early curfew which I think is 9:15 or 9:30, while the other seminaries have curfew at 10:15 or 10:30. This made the girls feel very babyish and not trusted. This was why I did not wanna go to the seminary when I did research.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Another thing that was not mentioned was that the Seminary has a crazy early curfew which I think is 9:15 or 9:30, while the other seminaries have curfew at 10:15 or 10:30. This made the girls feel very babyish and not trusted. This was why I did not wanna go to the seminary when I did research.

As well as feeling locked up.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:38 pm
MotherBsimcha wrote:
When I was looking at seminaries for my dd, I asked more than a dozen alumni about Rinas and Mrs. Friedman. Not ONE described Mrs. Friedman the way you did. They all said that she treated all of her students with warmth and never heard her speak about other girls. She was a role model in every sense of the word. From all I heard, I am sending to Rinas this upcoming year with 100% confidence that there's not a better seminary / mechaneses out there.

Go ahead. Nobody is stopping you, at least physically. I am just wondering how, knowing what some girls have experienced there, you can with a good conscious, be willing to take the risk. As mothers, we are willing to go extreme lengths to protect our children. Why should this be any different? You have been made aware and I daven with a full heart that you don’t come to regret this decision.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:

A hundred percent.

You are willing to take the risk?

caringmother

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:26 pm
I went to Rinas and I hear what some of you are saying. Mrs. Friedman is dynamic and full of life but does everything according to daas Torah. She does her utmost to build each girl's self-confidence. There is nothing cult-like about that. When girls open up about difficult family situations, she tries to empower them to cope. She is a pillar of strength and guidance and she has such unified classes. One of our classmates just got married, and 40 out of 50 were there at the chasunah. Even if some girls feel resentment towards Mrs. Friedman and blame her as they struggle with their own emotional issues, it's not accurate to portray Mrs. Friedman as anything other than a loving mother figure.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:31 pm
Wow, all posts were deleted. If my daughter was of seminary age, I'd be grateful for that information...

the posts were not deleted. I split the thread into 2 threads, with the new and much older posts separated

MotherBsimcha

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:42 pm
Thank you to @themother for the heads up, but I have heard from girls who went to Rinas whom I know come from emotionally stable backgrounds that they graduated with a simchas hachaim and appreciation for chashivas haTorah, learned the hashkafos that help them for life which they may not have gotten elsewhere. Looking through a magnifying glass at the menaheles is too small picture for me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:59 pm
MotherBsimcha wrote:
Thank you to @themother for the heads up, but I have heard from girls who went to Rinas whom I know come from emotionally stable backgrounds that they graduated with a simchas hachaim and appreciation for chashivas haTorah, learned the hashkafos that help them for life which they may not have gotten elsewhere. Looking through a magnifying glass at the menaheles is too small picture for me.

It's pretty clear that you DON'T have a daughter going there next year, and are just trying to defend the seminary.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:02 pm
MotherBsimcha wrote:

Curious to know, did you join imamother just to defend the seminary that your daughter didn’t even attend yet? Not trying to start anything but who are you to talk? Smells like invalidation to me.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:17 pm
MotherBsimcha wrote:

Looking at the experiences of only a select few girls who have attended over the past few years is much too small of a picture for me. I also want to make you aware that aside from the menaheles, there is no hanhala. There is no assistant principal or any other staff member that has any “power”. Like the United States government, in order for something to function even remotely normal, there must be a division and separation of power and responsibility.

If even one person would mention anything even close to emotional abuse, I would not allow my daughter to step foot into the building.
But again, guess this boils down to differences in chinuch approaches.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:20 pm
caringmother wrote:
I went to Rinas and I hear what some of you are saying. Mrs. Friedman is dynamic and full of life but does everything according to daas Torah. She does her utmost to build each girl's self-confidence. There is nothing cult-like about that. When girls open up about difficult family situations, she tries to empower them to cope. She is a pillar of strength and guidance and she has such unified classes. One of our classmates just got married, and 40 out of 50 were there at the chasunah. Even if some girls feel resentment towards Mrs. Friedman and blame her as they struggle with their own emotional issues, it's not accurate to portray Mrs. Friedman as anything other than a loving mother figure.

I almost spit out my coke. I am so, SO glad that this was your experience, but at least for my year, it just wasn’t the case- by a very long shot.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:48 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Wow, all posts were deleted. If my daughter was of seminary age, I'd be grateful for that information...

the posts were not deleted. I split the thread into 2 threads, with the new and much older posts separated

Oh, ok, thanks for clarifying

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:52 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Curious to know, did you join imamother just to defend the seminary that your daughter didn’t even attend yet? Not trying to start anything but who are you to talk? Smells like invalidation to me.

And Caringmother as well

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 6:30 pm
A few months ago, there was a discussion about this seminary and two new users just joined to promote it. THose were their firstposts. weirD.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Orange wrote:
A few months ago, there was a discussion about this seminary and two new users just joined to promote it. THose were their firstposts. weirD.

Noticed that too. Very off-putting.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:45 pm
If this information is true, why don’t the principals stop girls from going? It is still recommended to non-academic by girls.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info