Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do you wear polyester dresses in the summer
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 4:13 pm
Everything either online or in the stores Are all made of polyester. I'm fine with it in the Winter but in the summer especially in Israel it is so unbelievably hot I feel like I'm wearing a furnace. I can't find anything made of cotton locally and not really anything on line. Even if it was a mix it would probably be better. So any tips on where I can find online that ship to Israel or how do you make polyester more comfortable? I literally smell if I wear it if I'm out of air conditioning whichLiving in Israel and even being in-and-out of stores is pretty much impossible to stay 100% in air conditionin

imaima

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 4:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Everything either online or in the stores Are all made of polyester. I'm fine with it in the Winter but in the summer especially in Israel it is so unbelievably hot I feel like I'm wearing a furnace. I can't find anything made of cotton locally and not really anything on line. Even if it was a mix it would probably be better. So any tips on where I can find online that ship to Israel or how do you make polyester more comfortable? I literally smell if I wear it if I'm out of air conditioning whichLiving in Israel and even being in-and-out of stores is pretty much impossible to stay 100% in air conditionin

Look for viscose or Ecover or modal. These have cotton qualities

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 5:01 pm
I bought some nice viscose dresses at Lord Kitsch last summer. In Jerusalem.

Marks and Spencer often have cotton or linen dresses, and they do free shipping to Israel.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 5:20 pm
Does Israel have Target or Old Navy? Both have been coming out with cotton dresses.

bsy

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 5:28 pm
I'm wondering the same. How does everyone wear polyester??

imaima

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 3:22 am
bsy wrote:
I'm wondering the same. How does everyone wear polyester??

I don’t wear polyester dresses. It was ingrained in me that this is a cheap non-breathing fabric to avoid. I try hard to find cotton or at least viscose if I really like the color and design. Thank goodness there are tons of options if the money is no problem (not in Israel).

What the majority wear in Israel, I cannot bring myself to buy, not even for a child. It’s not good for winter or summer

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 3:38 am
No polyester in the sun. It’s super uncomfortable and the smell it leaves….

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:48 am
I've heard linen is also good. Kosher casual might be cotton. Lord Kitsch has some cotton and linen items. I own some linen maxi skirts from American eagle, and so far none have contained shatnez. (gotten them checked)

There used to be a store that merged with another store that was strictly cotton and linen clothing/dresses.... I'm really blanking out at the name. It was more dati leumi style.

S wear and hoodies have cotton items as well.

I just Googled cotton dresses in Hebrew and this stie came up https://cottonet.co.il/product.....7%AA/

imaima

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:53 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I've heard linen is also good. Kosher casual might be cotton. Lord Kitsch has some cotton and linen items. I own some linen maxi skirts from American eagle, and so far none have contained shatnez. (gotten them checked)

There used to be a store that merged with another store that was strictly cotton and linen clothing/dresses.... I'm really blanking out at the name. It was more dati leumi style.

S wear and hoodies have cotton items as well.

I just Googled cotton dresses in Hebrew and this stie came up https://cottonet.co.il/product.....7%AA/

Of course linen and silk are also good fabrics for the summer. Not just cotton. Incidentally they are more rare and expensive than man made materials too

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:57 am
OMG I never even knew this was a thing!!
Is it because polyester is a man made material?

I thought this was only with underwear, like not to sweat.

I just checked a bunch of my summer dresses and they are all polyester.
They are mostly from jewish shops, are most dresses usually polyester?

Is cotton considered 'better' and so more expensive?
Its not something Id ever think about, to check the material of a dress..
So interesting.

I live in the UK so not too worried about the heat, but would be nice to know which dresses to wear when we do have the really hot days..

How would I even know what cotton looks like?
Is it all the rage to wear polyester these days?

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:20 am
amother Camellia wrote:
OMG I never even knew this was a thing!!
Is it because polyester is a man made material?

I thought this was only with underwear, like not to sweat.

I just checked a bunch of my summer dresses and they are all polyester.
They are mostly from jewish shops, are most dresses usually polyester?

Is cotton considered 'better' and so more expensive?
Its not something Id ever think about, to check the material of a dress..
So interesting.

I live in the UK so not too worried about the heat, but would be nice to know which dresses to wear when we do have the really hot days..

How would I even know what cotton looks like?
Is it all the rage to wear polyester these days?

You aren't aware if your clothing is polyester or not? There is a label inside that states the fiber content. Also, you can feel the fabric and know right away if it is cotton or polyester.

If I am buying summer clothing, I immediately rule out anything synthetic that traps sweat (exception: sweat-wicking athletic fabrics for workout wear). I buy locally (in Israel) and have no problem finding things to wear.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:33 am
Cotton and linen only for summer.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:37 am
DrMom wrote:
You aren't aware if your clothing is polyester or not? There is a label inside that states the fiber content. Also, you can feel the fabric and know right away if it is cotton or polyester.

If I am buying summer clothing, I immediately rule out anything synthetic that traps sweat (exception: sweat-wicking athletic fabrics for workout wear). I buy locally (in Israel) and have no problem finding things to wear.

I never thought of checking the labels before I buy...
I wonder if that would stop me from buying a dress I like...

Are generally stores selling cotton, or is polyester more available?

I couldnt tell from feeling fabrics, how does it differ?

Also what garments are usually made from cotton?

I find it hard to find good fitting clothes in the best of times...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:43 am
Thank you for suggestions or places to check in Israel. It's crazy but it seems like all the religious stores in America also mostly sell polyester for this summer. Thank you for suggestions about the other fabrics I am going to hopefully do at least a little bit of online shopping and see what's available

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:45 am
amother Camellia:

I'm sorry, but how do you now know what COTTON is?

Maybe try going to an actual store (not a frum store -- just any dept store or Target type store) and look, feel, and read the labels on clothing to get acquainted with common fabrics?

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:47 am
amother Camellia wrote:

T-shirts and underwear are usually made from cotton. Do you feel that they’re soft and breathable on your body?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for suggestions or places to check in Israel. It's crazy but it seems like all the religious stores in America also mostly sell polyester for this summer. Thank you for suggestions about the other fabrics I am going to hopefully do at least a little bit of online shopping and see what's available

Im confused if you are in Israel or America.

Daniella Faye is sold in both and most of her stuff are viscose which is also supposed to be good for the summer. I just bought a bunch of comfy t-shirts that don't need shells and skirts from her outlet section! She lists what things are made of on her website. I think she has a bunch of cotton dresses too.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:58 am
sequoia wrote:
T-shirts and underwear are usually made from cotton. Do you feel that they’re soft and breathable on your body?

Of course I know what t shirts and underwesr feel like!

Yes theyr super comfortable.

I just never made the connection of getting a dress like that.

Does that mean cotton dresses are similar material to t shirts and u.wear?

Think thin, more clingy..?
Dont think I could wear those ...

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:04 am
amother Camellia wrote:

Frum stores are mostly polyester… most fast fashion is. I don’t mind wearing a polyester jumper (no, not a sweater, a dress without sleeves) or skirt because the smell is usually underarms area. But a polyester dress in the summer is a big no no IMO. It’s easy to buy cotton. Silk is obviously more expensive.

I don’t buy shein junk because even the stuff that looks like cotton are synthetic and uncomfortable.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:05 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Of course I know what t shirts and underwesr feel like!

Yes theyr super comfortable.

I just never made the connection of getting a dress like that.

Does that mean cotton dresses are similar material to t shirts and u.wear?

Think thin, more clingy..?
Dont think I could wear those ...

You can buy a cotton dress that’s more of a shirt material.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics