Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What kind of beds do you have for your kids?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:18 pm
I need to get my older kids new beds. My 11 year old and 8 year old share a room. It’s not tiny but not huge. Right now they have a junky and uncomfortable high riser. I have a wide dresser between the beds. I was thinking to get them proper beds with box springs and good mattresses. I called a place today and was ok with the pricing they were giving me but it feels like an investment. Is this a dumb move? The little kids are in another room and I’ll worry about them after we pas the crib and toddler stages. Buying good beds just feels so permanent… like what if in a few years I need to switch things around or add another kid to their room iyh. On the other hand I want them to be very comfortable. Any ideas?

amf

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:24 pm
Get the good beds. Even if you need to switch things around, they'll still need a bed to sleep on...

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:27 pm
I don’t really understand your question. They’ll always need beds.

mom24.7

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:28 pm
33 inch bunk beds taken apart.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:29 pm
Not box springs. Wood bed frames and good mattresses. IKEA has nice ones for very reasonable, also good for smallish spaces

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:30 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
I don’t really understand your question. They’ll always need beds.

I guess having a junky hi riser feels very easy to replace? What if I need a bunk bed or something? And now I have these very sturdy full real beds.. I don’t know. Growing. Up we kids didn’t have nice beds. We had just my or second hand beds so I’m not used to this… ok lol now this got deep

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:30 pm
mom24.7 wrote:
33 inch bunk beds taken apart.

I’m not gonna do 33 inch. They need full twin they aren’t small kids

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:31 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Not box springs. Wood bed frames and good mattresses. IKEA has nice ones for very reasonable, also good for smallish spaces

Ok interesting.. why do u say this? I feel the box springs looks nicer and are more sturdy and comfortable no?

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:32 pm
I hate box springs because they’re a pain to move or clean under, they’re also not as pretty. I got each of my children good platform beds. Every child (or human!) deserves a comfortable bed. Pottery barn and west elm have beautiful ones.

I don’t understand your question about permanency. As long as they live in your home, they’ll need to sleep!

Ps a bed frame often (if it’s high enough) allows for a trundle bed to be added.

amother
Peony

I have solid wood twin beds (hand me downs), and when I need a bunk I plan on getting a seperate loft bed to put at a right angle to the bed below it to give everyone a bit more space

amother
Denim

amother OP wrote:
Ok interesting.. why do u say this? I feel the box springs looks nicer and are more sturdy and comfortable no?
I don’t see the need, if you get a decent mattress. Bed frames are so much more aesthetically pleasing and stylish as well.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:33 pm
I bought my kids real beds and it seems like a good investment to me. We have the brand Atlantic Furniture - you can find it online. We’ve been happy with the quality for what we spent.

If you’re worried about space, they do sell bunk beds that can be separated. You can have them separate for now but the option is always there to join them, without having to spend more money.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:33 pm
My kids have white metal beds from amazon/wayfare. They look very nice and no box spring required. They have very good mattresses.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:38 pm
amother White wrote:
I hate box springs because they’re a pain to move or clean under, they’re also not as pretty. I got each of my children good platform beds. Every child (or human!) deserves a comfortable bed. Pottery barn and west elm have beautiful ones.

I don’t understand your question about permanency. As long as they live in your home, they’ll need to sleep!

Ps a bed frame often (if it’s high enough) allows for a trundle bed to be added.

Ok this makes sense to me. I was actually not happy to lose my under bed space. Do u have any nice links that aren’t too expensive?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I need to get my older kids new beds. My 11 year old and 8 year old share a room. It’s not tiny but not huge. Right now they have a junky and uncomfortable high riser. I have a wide dresser between the beds. I was thinking to get them proper beds with box springs and good mattresses. I called a place today and was ok with the pricing they were giving me but it feels like an investment. Is this a dumb move? The little kids are in another room and I’ll worry about them after we pas the crib and toddler stages. Buying good beds just feels so permanent… like what if in a few years I need to switch things around or add another kid to their room iyh. On the other hand I want them to be very comfortable. Any ideas?

My oldest, who has his own room, has a nice trundle. My girls, who share a room, have two of these in their room, in white.

https://I.imgur.com/ej8vguK.png

My other son who has his own room has a futon.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:46 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Upholst.....ss_tl
I got this on amazon for one room it’s really pretty. I feel bad I paid $600 for the other room.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
I got this on amazon for one room it’s really pretty. I feel bad I paid $600 for the other room.

This is really nice! I’m afraid how much it’s gonna be with mattresses. What kind of matresses did u get with this? The place I called today told me 850 for a set of two decent mattresses with the suede box springs with legs. I’d love to stay in that range.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Not OP thanks for linking this! Just wondering how hard was it to assemble?

hodeez

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:07 pm
Would you rule out a bunkbed?

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:58 pm
OP what did you end up getting? Can someone tell me the most reasonable priced place in Lakewood for kids beds and mattresses. And maybe bunk beds. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics