Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
WWYD... staying by in laws all of pesach?
Previous  1  2  3

Busybee5

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:00 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
If you’re already staying there first days and second days, especially considering it’s a three days straight yom Tov this year, it pays to stay and not have to clean your house.

Agree, and this offer to have you ain't gonna last forever, so make the most!

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:10 am
Didn’t read through thread. But what I would do? Is prob just clean , get things in order - do it all simply and go back home for Chol HaMoed and last days and just make it all simple. That way you leave on a high, and not counting down till you have to leave

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi! I am planning to go to my in laws for the sedarim and can't decide if I should just stay there all of pesach to avoid pesach cleaning. I have twin toddlers (15 months) and my in laws live 10 minute drive away. I have never made pesach before so I feel like if I'm already going for the three day yom tov and probably the second days then maybe we should all stay there for the whole holiday. On the other hand, I don't love going there and there isn't much privacy (even though there is a lot of space) and my mil likes to micromanage their schedules and everything they do (I love her, just the way she is!). It will be hard being there for the whole time because my husband and I like privacy but maybe it's worth it? help pleaseee!!

Are your In laws very hands on with your babies and help out a lot? That would play a huge factor in my decision. Do the babies wake up early and they entertain them in the morning? We are going to my in laws for the whole thing but they are very helpful and hands on so it makes a world of a difference

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:30 pm
I would definitely stay over entire YT.

I don't see how it's worth the effort just for 3 days of chol hamoed (two days really, since you'll be packing up again and travelling back on the third day.)

I find it interesting that most posters are suggesting otherwise.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:38 pm
I didn't read all the replies so this may be a repeat. But my suggestion is clean your bedrooms and main areas. Close off any harder areas like kitchen and playroom, but this will allow you to come home on chol hamoed. And even yt nights if you want to sleep at home. We did this for a few yrs. Closed off closets, the kitchen, playroom and sold them. But cleaned a main living area and the bedrooms bathrooms. Some yrs we slept at inlaws for yt and some yrs just went for the meals and walked home at night. 10 min walk. We would go for most chol hamoed dinners too. For breakfast and lunch chol hamoed we were home. had a mini fridge outside the kitchen with pesach yogurts lebens milk cheese etc. And bought a toaster oven for matza pizza . Or you can do matza and cream cheese lunches.
This worked well for us until we started making our own pesach.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:45 pm
I would definitely clean and go home for chol hamoed

Cleaning isn't that difficult if you just focus on the bare minimum of getting rid of chometz. Anything else is extra.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:04 pm
[quote="amother Hyssop"]I would definitely stay over entire YT.

I don't see how it's worth the effort just for 3 days of chol hamoed (two days really, since you'll be packing up again and travelling back on the third day.)

I find it interesting that most posters are suggesting otherwise.[/quote
Same! Especially if they will have two extra helpers- twin 15 month babies don’t sound easy.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:04 pm
[quote="amother Garnet"]
amother Hyssop wrote:
I would definitely stay over entire YT.

I find it interesting that most posters are suggesting otherwise.[/quote
Same! Especially if they will have two extra helpers- twin 15 month babies don’t sound easy.

Also, is it the type that they would babysit and you guys can go out chol hamoed at night? Bc built in babysitters would also be a factor to my decision.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics