Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you plan on turning over?
1  2  3  Next

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:46 pm
Pesach is Wednesday night. If you are home for Pesach- sedarim and meals…when do you plan on turning over your kitchen?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:48 pm
Sunday or Monday that week
I have a pesach kitchen though for baking

Blessing1

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:48 pm
Motzei shabbos ih.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:01 pm
Final cleaning motzei Shabbos, and turning over on Sunday.

I grew up turning over on the morning of erev Pesach, and it took a while to adjust to changing over early and eating Pesach food for a few extra days. It's much easier to gave that relaxed time for cooking, though. This year we're going away for the Seder, but I can still get a lot of baking done in advance, and come home on Friday without too much pressure to cook for Shabbos.

Last edited by Elfrida on Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:03 pm
Monday or tuesday.

BaltoMom65

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:08 pm
Sunday

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:10 pm
Sunday

SG18

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:29 pm
Sunday. I'll do all cooking on Monday, leaving just last minute prep for Tuesday.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:36 pm
I need to turn over very early this yr because I need to travel and I want to return to a KLP kitchen. That way I can shop and cook Mon, Tues, Wed

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:38 pm
If I can go away for shabbos hagadol (a relative has a vacation home that might be available for free) then I will do it Thursday if not then on Sunday

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:47 pm
Already did lol!
I make my kitchen a pesach kitchen a few weeks early, and leisurely cook all my pesach foods for 1st days and 2nd days in advance. (I work full time right until erev yomtov so I cant cook during the day) Then on pesach I get to relax and read all day! (Pesach is my vaca from work, so I really refuse to cook then).

My kids are used to it. The living/dining area becomes a mini chametz station-toaster oven, microwaves, sandwich maker, chametz foods etc...

Its been working really well the past few years BH

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:48 pm
Double post

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:01 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Already did lol!
I make my kitchen a pesach kitchen a few weeks early, and leisurely cook all my pesach foods for 1st days and 2nd days in advance. (I work full time right until erev yomtov so I cant cook during the day) Then on pesach I get to relax and read all day! (Pesach is my vaca from work, so I really refuse to cook then).

My kids are used to it. The living/dining area becomes a mini chametz station-toaster oven, microwaves, sandwich maker, chametz foods etc...

Its been working really well the past few years BH

Wow! How much cooking do you do?

4 weeks of cooking for 1 week? I guess you host, and cook a ton!

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:03 pm
motsei/sun am. Would like to be up and running by sun afternoon. we set up cheese toast and chomets tupperware on deck and BBQ for dinners so not such a big deal to have 3 days of no kitchen BH. And means most of the yt cooking gets done bf so I can enjoy.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:11 pm
I hope to kasher Sunday night.
Those turning over motzei shabbos or Sunday morning, do you not wait 24 hours between using your sink and kashering it?

Edit: I was off by a week, and thought pesach was in two weeks, not three. Instead of turning over the week of pesach, I am going to turn over the week before, hopefully Tuesday night. I will go shopping Wednesday, then start cooking. We will use ALL plastic for shabbos, including cups and a table cloth (we don’t usually put a plastic over the tablecloth.) I suddenly feel less stressed.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:24 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Wow! How much cooking do you do?

4 weeks of cooking for 1 week? I guess you host, and cook a ton!

I dont think I cook that much lol...
Its really 3 weeks of cooking, and I do host family over...I make all my meats, soup, chicken dishes (chinese style), potato and veggie kugels, desserts, cookies, cake (we dont buy baked goods because of the price) etc etc. Its a lot of hours of cooking, and if I do a bit every night (after a full day work and caring for the kids) then the pesach prep is very manageable and stress free for everyone. Its literally stress free, BH, pesach does not get me tense at all this way. (We also dont spring clean now, we spring clean after pesach.)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:27 pm
Motzei Shabbos

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:28 pm
Thursday

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:28 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I hope to kasher Sunday night.
Those turning over motzei shabbos or Sunday morning, do you not wait 24 hours between using your sink and kashering it?

Yes. The oven is off all of shabbos 25 hours. Sink isn't used for hot chometz that shabbos either. No dishes that shabbos, all paper goods (crockpot washed while I hold it in bathroom sink).

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:31 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes. The oven is off all of shabbos 25 hours. Sink isn't used for hot chometz that shabbos either. No dishes that shabbos, all paper goods (crockpot washed while I hold it in bathroom sink).

You can line your crockpot with parchment paper and it will go even easier.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics