Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help with kids hurting each other

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:10 pm
I had left the room to deal with my baby, and when I came back in my two littles (close in age) were screaming at eachother. One was covered in scratch marks. I have no idea what happened because they don’t know how to share all of the details. The kid who got scratched probably grabbed something/instigated based on previous history lol. This happens all the time. How do you deal with it? I say we use our words, come find me, small time out for the physical violence…but this happens all the time. It’s developmentally normal but I clearly need to deal with it in a different way.
I’m really bad with books but we are trying to learn a couple of parenting books . But I do think my parenting is good overall. I have fronds ‘that just call their mentors’ and I’m like I’m where can I find a magical mentor?? For when these situations come up

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:06 pm
It's hard with three little ones. Try not to leave them on their own, if you must go to the other room take one with. Also, try to give each and both lots of time with you. They must also be feeling the change of the new baby.

Is it one that is more aggressive than the other, or they are both in this funk together?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:08 pm
Baby isn’t new, I do give lots of attention. The 2 littles are between 2.5-4.5 (don’t want to share too much). I can’t never leave them alone… our place is small even if I leave the room I’m right there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics