Home

Seminary in Israel

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:02 am
DD wants to go to Israel for seminary and I agree that she should, but DH is against the idea because he thinks Isreal is unsafe , anyone have any arguments that may convince him?
Back to top

amother




Phlox
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:09 am
What's this really about? Is she your oldest? First to leave the nest?

I'm sure he knows plenty of kids who have gone to seminary and are just fine.

No one can guarantee you anything in life, of course. But there's no guarantee that she's safer where you live.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:55 am
I don't think arguments will necessarily convince him. It sounds like an emotional reaction, not a logical one. He needs to accept that Israel has different risks to America, but he can't guarantee her safety, wherever she is.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:42 am
Elfrida wrote:
I don't think arguments will necessarily convince him. It sounds like an emotional reaction, not a logical one. He needs to accept that Israel has different risks to America, but he can't guarantee her safety, wherever she is.


100% I posted last week about how statistically it's more likely to die in a car accident in the USA than a terror attack here.

But no one gets nervous getting into a car in the USA. It's emotional not logical.
Back to top

amother




Wallflower
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:06 pm
It def feels scarier to live here than in America for sure
My opinion
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:37 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
It def feels scarier to live here than in America for sure
My opinion

And my opinion is exactly the opposite.
Back to top

dena613




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:25 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
100% I posted last week about how statistically it's more likely to die in a car accident in the USA than a terror attack here.

But no one gets nervous getting into a car in the USA. It's emotional not logical.
,

Is it more likely to die of a car accident in Israel than in ny/nj? I wouldn't be surprised. going to look it up.

But it really does not matter.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:36 pm
dena613 wrote:
,

Is it more likely to die of a car accident in Israel than in ny/nj? I wouldn't be surprised. going to look it up.

But it really does not matter.


Nope. Israeli is 4.2 per 100,000 and the USA is 12.4 per 100,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik....._rate
Back to top

Alternative




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:10 pm
dena613 wrote:
,

Is it more likely to die of a car accident in Israel than in ny/nj? I wouldn't be surprised. going to look it up.

But it really does not matter.


What Loveshashem said. Three times more car fatalities in the US per person.
I posted this last week - people in Israel live on average 5 years more than Americans. So which country is more unsafe?
It is psychological though. That’s the whole point of terror, to sow fear.
Back to top

amother




Natural
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:24 pm
everything is from Hashem. if Hashem wants someone to die they will die no matter what country they are in. you just need to have real emunah and bitachon and just know every single thing is decreed from Hashem, and you have to realize its not logical to be scared of going to Eretz Yisrael- the place where Hashem obviously wants us to be!
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:28 pm
*IsrAEL is safe. IsrEAL is frightening
Back to top

amother




Snowflake
 

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:30 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Nope. Israeli is 4.2 per 100,000 and the USA is 12.4 per 100,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik....._rate


Right, but that’s the whole country. So it’s a composite average. So she was wondering specifically about ny/nj which has a ton of traffic accidents- likely more than say Nebraska.

In any case, the US is the size of a good portion of the European continent, and Israel is the size of one of our smaller states. Not sure how anything is comparable.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 5:53 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
Right, but that’s the whole country. So it’s a composite average. So she was wondering specifically about ny/nj which has a ton of traffic accidents- likely more than say Nebraska.

In any case, the US is the size of a good portion of the European continent, and Israel is the size of one of our smaller states. Not sure how anything is comparable.


These statistics are percentage based on the size of the population. Therefore they are comparable.

Also Israel has just been ranked the 4th happiest country in the world while the USA is the 15th.

Somehow even if there's issues here, and terror attacks, overall the people here live longer and are much happier than people in the USA and most countries.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Dentist in israel
by amother
2 Today at 1:15 pm View last post
Havineini Seminary 3 Yesterday at 6:31 pm View last post
Shabbos Hotel in Israel
by amother
26 Yesterday at 5:20 pm View last post
Best blender for smoothies? (Israel)
by amother
13 Yesterday at 11:02 am View last post
Concert in Israel after Tisha bav
by amother
1 Yesterday at 3:18 am View last post
by SG18