Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
At my wits end 4 and 5 YO daytime
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:16 pm
Iymnok wrote:
A friend gave me some solutions to pinworms.
1) sugar bath. Fill the bath enough to cover the genitals, add a cup or two of sugar (I just dump from the bag). Have them sit in it for 20 minutes. Obviously wash well after.
Repeat this once a week for three weeks. The worms like sugar, so they come out.
2) garlic. Cut a piece of garlic lengthwise and insert it like a suppository. I the juice kills the worms it touches. DD sleeps better after we do this.
3) minimize sugar. Worms love sugar. Try to starve them.

Did she completely get rid of it with the sugar bath method?

Garlic I've heard is just a bandaid, only prevents from coming out does not actually eliminate. My kids b"h don't have sleep issues.

Yes I know... I'm pretty health conscious. I rarely use sugar in my cooking and don't buy candy (only sweet I buy is the gem lop organic lollies. I have to be able to give them something... But DD loves junk and there's only so much I can do. I guess I'll try to see if there's anything I can do better. Maybe find a replacement for all the cookies and potato chips or a least reduce a bit.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:17 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Cina homeopathic
Zahlers Paraguard for 30 days
Pumpkin seeds

For treatment or maintenance?

Cina did zero for my kids in the past. Saw worms in the toilet while still taking it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
As far as maintenance, use disposable towels or paper towels for hand drying. Wash bath towels often. Change underwear in morning (preferably after bathing) and evening.
If you can, make their teachers aware that they have caught this in school and maybe they will try to enforce better hygiene in school although sadly, in my experience, the teachers could not care less.

DS said the soap sometimes is empty. DD said they don't have soap...........

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:23 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
14 days. Parasites reproduce along with the moon cycles. New moon and full moon.

Good. Will be easier to avoid giving on pesach and not have to be busy with washing and cleaning everything the day before and after pesach.

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
For treatment or maintenance?

Cina did zero for my kids in the past. Saw worms in the toilet while still taking it.
Worms in the toilet can be a good thing, that means they're clearing out...

Paraguard is good for both treatment and maintenance, you can give it alongside the reeses for the full cycle.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:47 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Worms in the toilet can be a good thing, that means they're clearing out...

Paraguard is good for both treatment and maintenance, you can give it alongside the reeses for the full cycle.

Yes. A different thing I had given did that, was a ton of worms in potty the next day or two. But with cina wetting wasn't getting better either. Was a while ago so don't remember details but I do remember it didn't work for them.

Most treatments I've given worked - but only for a really short time. Which is why I'm looking for maintenance ideas.

Is Paraguard kosher for Passover?

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes. A different thing I had given did that, was a ton of worms in potty the next day or two. But with cina wetting wasn't getting better either. Was a while ago so don't remember details but I do remember it didn't work for them.

Most treatments I've given worked - but only for a really short time. Which is why I'm looking for maintenance ideas.

Is Paraguard kosher for Passover?
For maintenance you can give your kids garlic drops and pumpkin seeds every day, it makes the gut inhospitable to parasites. Also make sure they are pooping every day.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Good. Will be easier to avoid giving on pesach and not have to be busy with washing and cleaning everything the day before and after pesach.

Actually no it won't work out. I'll have to give on pesach unless I wait to give first treatment the week of pesach. Or can I do today, then at 11 days (monday the day before bedikas chometz), then 14 days?

If I'm doing it on pesach then I probably won't treat myself and dh at all. Unless it has a point of doing it on a different schedule as kids?

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Actually no it won't work out. I'll have to give on pesach unless I wait to give first treatment the week of pesach. Or can I do today, then at 11 days (monday the day before bedikas chometz), then 14 days?

If I'm doing it on pesach then I probably won't treat myself and dh at all. Unless it has a point of doing it on a different schedule as kids?
I would treat the kids tonight, tomorrow night, the bedikas chometz night and 1st seder night. Idk if I would bother treating the adults. It doesn't seem like you can control your environment enough to keep them from reinfecting themselves (not in a blaming way, I think this is actually unattainable for most people) You need to make their guts a really lousy place for those worms.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 3:00 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
For maintenance you can give your kids garlic drops and pumpkin seeds every day, it makes the gut inhospitable to parasites. Also make sure they are pooping every day.
Which garlic drops did you have a good experience with?

Regular pumpkin seeds? How much?

I'm giving them grapefruit seed extract for like 2 weeks already (I've had good experience with it in the past) Do you have any experience with that?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 3:13 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I would treat the kids tonight, tomorrow night, the bedikas chometz night and 1st seder night. Idk if I would bother treating the adults. It doesn't seem like you can control your environment enough to keep them from reinfecting themselves (not in a blaming way, I think this is actually unattainable for most people) You need to make their guts a really lousy place for those worms.

Yes this is what I really want.
You do two days in a row Reese’s?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:28 pm
Reese’s is not in blumenkrantz app and pharmacy said they don't know (re pesach status) Rolling Eyes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes this is what I really want.
You do two days in a row Reese’s?

Bump

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:45 pm
An update.
I gave them Reese’s on Thursday, and it's mamish magic.
Friday - a few dribbles one kid
Shabbos - they both wet only once. Shabbos is always the worst.
Today - one kid wet once, other dry all day.

How do I keep it at this??
When should I give next dose?

I'm still giving grapefruit seed extract. 10 drops a day.

Still waiting for response from amother Ebony

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 5:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which garlic drops did you have a good experience with?

Regular pumpkin seeds? How much?

I'm giving them grapefruit seed extract for like 2 weeks already (I've had good experience with it in the past) Do you have any experience with that?

Bump trying again

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:04 pm
In my experience, only the medication works.
I once bought expensive garlic drops which were supposedly super potent but they did nothing. If you can try to incorporate raw garlic into their food, a clove a day, maybe it’ll help.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:11 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
In my experience, only the medication works.
I once bought expensive garlic drops which were supposedly super potent but they did nothing. If you can try to incorporate raw garlic into their food, a clove a day, maybe it’ll help.

I already gave medication! I need something that will keep them away! Or else I will be giving them medication every month or two.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:22 pm
You need to trace the trigger of the pinworms. They don't appear out of nowhere.

Send your kids to school with mini hand sanitizer bottles and instruct them to use them every time they use the bathroom and before they eat. Make a contest if you need to motivate them. Pinworms are transferred via the fecal-oral route, so disrupting the path is the ONLY means of prevention. Do what it takes to keep hands out of mouths.

Also, random question--do your children dig in sandbox or dirt? No doctor ever confirmed this for me, but I see a high level of correlation!

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bump trying again
I think Paraguard is your best bet. Also look into bioray ndf happy. There is also para 1 and para 2 from tahua. Maybe talk to your dr about ivermectin long term. Also para kits from cell core. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, I am just able to put ideas out there. These are all herbal preparations meant to eliminate chronic systemic parasitic infections and keep them from returning.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Brown wrote:
You need to trace the trigger of the pinworms. They don't appear out of nowhere.

Send your kids to school with mini hand sanitizer bottles and instruct them to use them every time they use the bathroom and before they eat. Make a contest if you need to motivate them. Pinworms are transferred via the fecal-oral route, so disrupting the path is the ONLY means of prevention. Do what it takes to keep hands out of mouths.

Also, random question--do your children dig in sandbox or dirt? No doctor ever confirmed this for me, but I see a high level of correlation!
Alcohol is not going to kill pinworm eggs.

Disrupting the path is not the only way, you can also make the terrain inhospitable.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training