Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Exterminator successful with worst bedbug cases?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:08 am
I had bedbugs a year ago, I used a top exterminator and I thought I was done. I saw one today. First exterminator isn’t doing bedbugs any more, and it’s past warranty. I need the best exterminator. I’m in Brooklyn. Who is known to be toughest on bedbugs?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:38 am
Don’t have a recommendation specifically but how throughly did you clean your possessions? That has a huge impact on the success of the extermination.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:42 am
PESTCO!!
make sure to tell him your history. It may be coming from neighbors if you live in a building. but otherwise it's from your original case since they can live up to 18 moths without feeding!!!
In our case he actually had to fumigate the apartment that was infested and kept passing it to the rest of the building.
My building had it for over 2 years again and again. once we got Pestco involved, we never had them again.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:47 am
Quality Exterminating!
718-782-5489

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:00 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
PESTCO!!
make sure to tell him your history. It may be coming from neighbors if you live in a building. but otherwise it's from your original case since they can live up to 18 moths without feeding!!!
In our case he actually had to fumigate the apartment that was infested and kept passing it to the rest of the building.
My building had it for over 2 years again and again. once we got Pestco involved, we never had them again.

Its a 3 family home and I havent heard that the other apartments have it.

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:28 pm
I also used quality- was extremely helpful. I paid for a k9 to come down after a few months. ( that was my decision- it’s not important to do it) The person w the k9 said that we still have bedbugs. I was horrified so I called back quality to tell him the results. He said that he never had that experience and that it didn’t make sense. He called down another k9 company( quality paid for it) bh he went through everything thoroughly and bh never had a problem. They back their work and do a great and professional job.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Its a 3 family home and I havent heard that the other apartments have it.

There's a good chance that some of the bugs escaped into the walls. Especially if you treated with heat. Also this isn't something that people like to advertise. So it's totally possible that they have it too.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:01 pm
Please please get yourself cimexa and read up how to use it correctly. It will save your life. BtDT with exterminators.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:24 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Please please get yourself cimexa and read up how to use it correctly. It will save your life. BtDT with exterminators.

Cimexa has no Cust Service. Their website says to direct any question to place you purchased it.

I purchased it at Home Depot.

I tried it on my own, before hiring an exterminator, and it didnt help.

Can someone (as a Chesed, Im going nuts) tell me where I can learn as easily as possible how to use Cimexa correctly?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:57 pm
It is very difficult and highly unlikely to get rid of it yourself. I wouldn’t recommend it. They don’t just use one product.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 10:42 pm
If it's been a year between sightings, it is highly likely that you have become reinfested. It doesnt have to be from anyone in your building. Someone in your family could have gotten it when sleeping at a friend's house. You could get it from sitting in a movie theatre or the subway. There are countless ways to bring it home. It doesnt mean that the exterminator you had didnt do a good job.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Cimexa has no Cust Service. Their website says to direct any question to place you purchased it.

I purchased it at Home Depot.

I tried it on my own, before hiring an exterminator, and it didnt help.

Can someone (as a Chesed, Im going nuts) tell me where I can learn as easily as possible how to use Cimexa correctly?

I will tell you- I used it with incredible results (5 years prior in a different apartment we had bedbugs and had to live with everything in garbage bags for 6 weeks while we worked with an exterminator and no way could I go through that again).
You will need to wear gloves and a mask. Cimexa is not toxic but particles are tiny and they will get in lungs and dry out your hands very badly
Use a makeup brush and a puffer thing that you can buy with it and puff it under the mattresses.
With a makeup brush lightly dust the floors and walls and all electric outlets. You can sweep over it but do not mop it up. It comes in contact with the exoskeleton of the bedbug and will dry them up almost instantly. No other product will do this.
And I have watched it work personally. We had a bad case.
Obviously also heat dry all clothing and linen. The dryer will kill bugs but not the washer.
I put a dusting of camera in the bottom of my drawers as well. But not near anything that will go on your skin. It works. Also turn over your furniture and dust behind and underneath. And underneath carpets.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 10:59 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
If it's been a year between sightings, it is highly likely that you have become reinfested. It doesnt have to be from anyone in your building. Someone in your family could have gotten it when sleeping at a friend's house. You could get it from sitting in a movie theatre or the subway. There are countless ways to bring it home. It doesnt mean that the exterminator you had didnt do a good job.

Im sure its from the first "arrival" because I suspected it periodically, so exterminator retreated and said Im good. Im NOT good.

He tried.

I definitely need a new exterminator.

He said he no longer treats bedbugs. I guess he had too many too challenging cases.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:01 pm
amother Lime wrote:
I will tell you- I used it with incredible results (5 years prior in a different apartment we had bedbugs and had to live with everything in garbage bags for 6 weeks while we worked with an exterminator and no way could I go through that again).
You will need to wear gloves and a mask. Cimexa is not toxic but particles are tiny and they will get in lungs and dry out your hands very badly
Use a makeup brush and a puffer thing that you can buy with it and puff it under the mattresses.
With a makeup brush lightly dust the floors and walls and all electric outlets. You can sweep over it but do not mop it up. It comes in contact with the exoskeleton of the bedbug and will dry them up almost instantly. No other product will do this.
And I have watched it work personally. We had a bad case.
Obviously also heat dry all clothing and linen. The dryer will kill bugs but not the washer.
I put a dusting of camera in the bottom of my drawers as well. But not near anything that will go on your skin. It works. Also turn over your furniture and dust behind and underneath. And underneath carpets.

Thanks. Did you treat every room, or only bedrooms? How long did you leave the Cimexa before you washed the floors and shampooed the carpets? What did you do with all your mattresses?

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:02 pm
https://youtu.be/2JAOTJxYqh8
I found this fascinating.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:08 pm
I used 5 star pest control and they were great. 718-253-5771. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:32 pm
Do Pestco, Quality, and Five Star all mentioned above, make you get rid of all mattresses, or do these exterminators treat the mattresses and tell you to cover the treated mattresses with sealed bedbug proof covers?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:38 pm
I used Ecostar and they treated the mattresses then had us cover them with mattress covers. They did three treatments two weeks apart each time. Haven’t had a recurrence and it’s been close to two years bh. We caught it early so I don’t think it had spread too much and we were obsessive about cleaning all fabrics and books.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 12:00 am
amother Iris wrote:
https://youtu.be/2JAOTJxYqh8
I found this fascinating.

Thanks!!!!

Amazing!

Which diatomaceous earth and which duster, is best?

Are the not "food grade" ones more effective, or are they all equally effective?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 12:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!!!!

Amazing!

Which diatomaceous earth and which duster, is best?

Are the not "food grade" ones more effective, or are they all equally effective?

I am the poster about Cimexa and we also used Diatomaceous Earth prior to the invention of Cimexa. It does work, but not nearly as quickly and you need to use much more. With Diatomaceous Earth your house with end up looking like a dustbowl. With Cimexa you use an almost invisible dusting everywhere. NOT JUST BEDROOMS. And wait. Do NOT mop it up. And you just buy it on Amazon. It literally saved our lives. It's about $15. Read the reviews also- they give you tips and tricks how to use it best.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries