Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
A place to fold laundry!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:47 pm
I need a good system for my laundry because folding laundry on my bed/couch is not working! My machines are in the garage. I have the space but can't find the right piece to buy. I'm looking to purchase a table/shelves that's large enough to fold multiple loads of laundry on and bonus if I can store baskets of folded laundry that didn't get put away.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:49 pm
A 6’ folding table?

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:52 pm
Meanwhile, use your ironing board.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:09 pm
I plan on making in my laundry room a wide shelf for folding on and then over it to hang cubbies that each person in the family would have a cubby for their folded laundry and they would each put their own stuff away

mikayla18

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:15 pm
I just use a regular table in my laundry room. I fold the laundry and keep the folded baskets on the table too so I know what's clean

lfab

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:49 pm
One day when I have the space I would love to get something like in this link https://www.etsy.com/listing/8.....older and put a counter across the top that sticks out past the unit so I could sit there on a bar stool height chair and fold laundry. I'd have 1 basket per family member and store in the unit after folding for them to put away (or store unfolded for older kids until they get around to folding and putting away).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:18 pm
Yes I would love something like this! Why so expensive?! I just need deep shelves to hold baskets. And be able to fold on the top. Anyone see anything like this for cheaper?

lfab wrote:
One day when I have the space I would love to get something like in this link https://www.etsy.com/listing/8.....older and put a counter across the top that sticks out past the unit so I could sit there on a bar stool height chair and fold laundry. I'd have 1 basket per family member and store in the unit after folding for them to put away (or store unfolded for older kids until they get around to folding and putting away).

teachkids

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:21 pm
What about a 3x3 kallax unit or two and then assign cubbies to each family member to put their clean clothes in? (Use the bottom row for cleaning supplies though so you don't need to bend that far)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:24 pm
Yes I just don't want small cubbies, a large shelf for laundry basket is what I need. Otherwise all the clothes will be all over the place

teachkids wrote:
What about a 3x3 kallax unit or two and then assign cubbies to each family member to put their clean clothes in? (Use the bottom row for cleaning supplies though so you don't need to bend that far)

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:30 pm
I have an actual laundry room, and I still use a combo of a 6 foot folding table and an ironing board. The ironing board is nice for height, the folding tabke holds a lot, baskets go underneath.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:43 pm
What about a utility cart or something meant to be a kitchen island?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/g.....5244/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry