Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Marzipan Butter Cups

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 2:41 pm
I did a test run of these. I do love marzipan. I bought a huge container of it one year and would keep dipping in a spoon to nosh like some people do with peanut butter.

I did use pure almond extract per the advice of the recipe. There is pure almond extract available for Pesach but it might be hard to track down.

These might be a fun food for older kids to make since it is more constructing than baking.

Per the recipe, these are freezable but none left in my house to freeze. LOL

Marzipan Butter Cups

Excerpt From: Chanie Apfelbaum - Totally Kosher
Makes 10 cups

Step aside peanut butter cups, there’s a new cup in town, and it’s my all-time favorite Passover treat—MARZIPAN! I love how easy it is to make at home, and it’s so versatile too! Add chunks to cookies, brownies, or ice cream, or just roll it into balls and decorate to your liking. But pretty please, only use PURE almond extract and not imitation, which has an artificial taste. It makes all the difference!

¾ cup blanched almond meal or flour (see Note)
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar, plus more as needed
Pinch of fine sea salt
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Maldon sea salt flakes, for finishing (optional)

In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade, pulse the almond meal, confectioners sugar, and fine sea salt until the ingredients are combined. Add 1 tablespoon water and the almond extract and blend until a paste forms and starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If the paste is very sticky, add more confectioners sugar so that it forms a dough and doesn’t stick to your fingers.

Place the marzipan in the center of a 10-inch-long piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log shape that’s about 5 inches long. Roll the log in the plastic and twist the ends to seal. Roll back and forth on a work surface a few times to make the log evenly round.

Freeze about 1 hour, or until firm.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth, or melt in a zip-top bag using my hack on this page.

Set ten paper cupcake liners on a baking sheet. Pour a heaping tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each cupcake liner and spread it out to evenly cover the bottom. Bang the baking sheet on your work surface to evenly disperse the chocolate.

Remove the marzipan from the freezer and slice it into 10 rounds. They should be the same diameter as the cupcake liner; if they are smaller, flatten them with your hand to fit. Place the marzipan on top of the chocolate layer and cover it with another heaping tablespoon of chocolate. Bang the baking sheet on your work surface again to evenly coat the marzipan in the chocolate.

Sprinkle the cups with Maldon sea salt (if desired) and freeze the cups for 30 minutes, or until solid. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.

Note
If you don’t have almond meal or flour, you can create your own by pulsing 1 cup of blanched slivered almonds in the food processor until finely ground—take care to stop before you turn the almonds into almond butter!

Freezer-Friendly

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics