Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Serendipity reopened *update*
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 1:37 pm
A few months ago I donated a huge bag of gorgeous ladies dresses and a bag of good condition men’s clothes.. I also donated I think $4 per bag to help costs of sorting. I hope the clothes actually went to people and aren’t sitting in some storage room Sad

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:41 pm
I was in kiddichic outlet on 2nd st today. They have a lot of cute baby stuff. Very cheap. Most expensive is 15 a romper.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:58 pm
delete

Miriams

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:19 pm
I donated a bunch of pretty girls shabbos dresses and boys suits and they were so so nice and thankful! I brought everything on hangers and just hung them right onto the racks so they wld get used right away. I’m so impressed by that store- don’t know why anyone wld say anything bad.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:21 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
There are a number of reasons they could get an eviction notice. Don't think worse case scenario.

However I think they need a smaller place and a better system. Their clothing is way to expensive for being second hand

They got too big too fast
It used to be about helping the yungerleit and was an awesome place
Then suddenly people from all over the country started coming and became about $$$$

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:25 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Then suddenly people from all over the country started coming and became about $$$$

Don’t be so negative… they are helping so many families.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:27 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
I was in kiddichic outlet on 2nd st today. They have a lot of cute baby stuff. Very cheap. Most expensive is 15 a romper.

I ordered an adorable baby boy romper from Kidichic....including shipping was a little over $20...
looks expensive...

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:33 pm
I'm referring to kiddichic's outlet. A lot cheaper than their regular store.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:37 pm
Kidichic outlet is a good idea. Thanks. Would like to try this new pinwheel place sounds amazing.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:01 pm
If serendipity could take just clothes not more than a year old it would eliminate some of the sorting. People could even match their kids this way by filling in missing sizes. The older clothes should be given to larger out of town communities at a cheeper price. Even the most yeshivish lakewood family has children who need up to date clothes to fit in with there peers. lakewood is not what it used to be. It probably takes them a long time to go through all the bags and by that time the clothes are dated. and that's why they are selling new clothes.

I know many people that give them their 1 year old clothes and they don't see it making it to the shelves. These people do it because serendipity has bins in convenient places. Its easier then finding people to match up sizing. I also know people that use serendipity as there dumping ground. Because of their convent location.

Another senerio I know is people giving away Current season clothing. People that ordered beautiful clothing on Ali that came misize. Peoee getti.g to keep double orders and Other accident with online shopping. People would be so happy to get these clothing. Some are even from non Jewish stores but anything new with tags serendipity marks up. In doing so they cost more than Original price of the item the whole system makes no sense.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:30 pm
Where is kidichik outlet? Is it last years clothing?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:32 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Where is kidichik outlet? Is it last years clothing?

At their old 2nd street location. Just got 2 tshirts for my son $12 total.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:40 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Yes second this it became more of a business and less of a chesed

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:47 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
If serendipity could take just clothes not more than a year old it would eliminate some of the sorting. People could even match their kids this way by filling in missing sizes. The older clothes should be given to larger out of town communities at a cheeper price. Even the most yeshivish lakewood family has children who need up to date clothes to fit in with there peers. lakewood is not what it used to be. It probably takes them a long time to go through all the bags and by that time the clothes are dated. and that's why they are selling new clothes.

I know many people that give them their 1 year old clothes and they don't see it making it to the shelves. These people do it because serendipity has bins in convenient places. Its easier then finding people to match up sizing. I also know people that use serendipity as there dumping ground. Because of their convent location.

Another senerio I know is people giving away Current season clothing. People that ordered beautiful clothing on Ali that came misize. Peoee getti.g to keep double orders and Other accident with online shopping. People would be so happy to get these clothing. Some are even from non Jewish stores but anything new with tags serendipity marks up. In doing so they cost more than Original price of the item the whole system makes no sense.

So I guess if you live OOT you don't deserve nice clothing. Only old stuff. Got it. My kids don't deserve nice in style clothing just because we live out of New Jersey.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:48 pm
When they were on Birch street many years ago, they donated the profits to local tzeddakah organizations! There was a sign on the back of the door with huge donation amounts saying "thanks for continuing shopping and dropping!"
It has steadily gone downhill slowly and gradually since then. It's almost comical to me that they have "today's return policy". That policy changes based on someone's menstrual cycles 🤣

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:56 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
So I guess if you live OOT you don't deserve nice clothing. Only old stuff. Got it. My kids don't deserve nice in style clothing just because we live out of New Jersey.

She didn't say they don't deserve nice clothes. She is saying maybe an oot community which doesn't have such high standards (which is a positive thing imho) would benefit from it more and it could be sold to them even cheaper.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:16 pm
Fingers gemach 1212 chalet terrace. You can drop off on the porch (I don't know about getting from there but I don't think they charge)
Also see this thread about giving or getting directly from another family every season
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05796

mommybrr

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:16 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Finkels gemach 1212 chalet terrace. You can drop off on the porch (I don't know about getting from there but I don't think they charge)
Also see this thread about giving or getting directly from another family every season
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05796

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Tan wrote:
where is pinwheel?

10 kletsk hill rd. Basement. Enter from parking lot in back
Phone: 732 328 8180

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:36 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:

I live OOT and I take the comment as either neutral or a complement. I'm so glad we're not pressured to match or keep up with ever- changing trends.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries