Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Info about Dupixent for teenage son

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:38 pm
My son is very sensory and refuses to cream his hands which is really bad from eczema plus his feet smell really bad from eczema as well.
The doctor recommended he try Dupixent.
Anyone try it for their teenager?
Is it safe to do?
Any info would be great.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:51 pm
Dupixent is a great medication. Really very safe, used for babies too. Downside is that it is an injection and usually every two weeks. Some people tolerate injections better than others. It works really really well for eczema so most big kids can be logical enough to say it's worth the injection to feel so much better the rest of the time. Much more effective than topicals. I don't have my own child with eczema but have multiple patients of all ages using it and they are very happy. Insurance coverage can sometimes be a problem.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:38 pm
All Drs I've spoken to about it say it's very safe. It's a biologic so you can avoid steroids. Its newer so I'm a bit scared of it. My son needs it for EOE and at this point it's probably a better option for him than his current medication. The insurance approval is still in progress. It's an extremely expensive medication and costs the insurance company about $3k per dose. So it's a bit hard to get it approved. My neighbors son is on it and she says it's a painful injection.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:31 pm
Thanks so much for the info.
The injections are really painful?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics