Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can you help me figure this out please (herpes)
1  2  Next

tweety1

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 10:42 pm
My toddler has herpes the 2nd time in a few weeks. Toddler is home with me all day doesnt go to playgroup. Last time I gave TFH and it worked bh. My question is why did it come back so fast and I can give something to get it out of the system?

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:22 pm
By herpes I assume you mean cold sores?
Once it's in the body it stays, so he will likely get flare-ups over the course of his life

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:02 am
amother RosePink wrote:
By herpes I assume you mean cold sores?
Once it's in the body it stays, so he will likely get flare-ups over the course of his life

I dont know. Herpes. Tons of tiny canker sores on the tongue.

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 12:38 pm
Herpes is the name for a specific kind of virus (HSV1 or HSV2)
From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like that
It would typically look like sores on the outside of the mouth- on and around the lips

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:43 pm
Canker sores aren’t herpes.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 3:52 pm
You mean hand foot.mouth disease?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 4:15 pm
I think you need a doctors diagnosis, or a second opinion

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:07 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:

This. Was about to write the same.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:49 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:

No it's not hand foot and mouth. I grew up knowing all my years it's called herpes. It's tiny canker sores all over the tongue. Maybe it has a different name and it's not herpes. Whatever it is, these canker sores keep on coming back. Entire tongue is full. Tongue only.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:50 pm
tweety1 wrote:
No it's not hand foot and mouth. I grew up knowing all my years it's called herpes. It's tiny canker sores all over the tongue. Maybe it has a different name and it's not herpes. Whatever it is, these canker sores keep on coming back. Entire tongue is full. Tongue only.
Could be a sign of gluten intolerance. Also toothpastes with SLS can cause it. Lots of reasons for canker sores.

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:56 pm
tweety1 wrote:

Sounds like thrush .

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:57 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Sounds like thrush .

In a toddler? Toddlers can get thrush? I thought I know alot I see I really don't.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:06 pm
Go to the dr and stop trying to diagnose things yourself. It is definitely not herpes.

mommy24

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:03 pm
Yes it is possible to get herpes, I believe hsv1 or 2 sores on the tongue. One of my kids got this and I know others who had it as well. My Dr gave us lodicaine liquid to put on the sores with a qtip. Over the years DC gotten it again once or twice. It looks like small blisters on the tongue. I was told it will flare up occasionally through her life.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:15 pm
mommy24 wrote:
Yes it is possible to get herpes, I believe hsv1 or 2 sores on the tongue. One of my kids got this and I know others who had it as well. My Dr gave us lodicaine liquid to put on the sores with a qtip. Over the years DC gotten it again once or twice. It looks like small blisters on the tongue. I was told it will flare up occasionally through her life.

I know that now. I googled. I knew I wasn't crazy. Thanks for your response.

shaqued_almond

tweety1 wrote:
In a toddler? Toddlers can get thrush? I thought I know alot I see I really don't.

Thrush is a type of yeast infection. Even adults can get it. You need to see a doctor to get an antibiotic if it's that.

amother
Stone

shaqued_almond wrote:
Thrush is a type of yeast infection. Even adults can get it. You need to see a doctor to get an antibiotic if it's that.
Antifungals

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:17 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I know that now. I googled. I knew I wasn't crazy. Thanks for your response.

But not covering the tongue as you described. I would seek medical help right away.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:28 pm
We did goats milk squirted fresh from the goat. Was gone within two days and never reappeared except maybe one sore at a time. We did it again for the same kid a year later for coxivirus (I think that’s what it’s called).

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:35 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
But not covering the tongue as you described. I would seek medical help right away.

It's not covering literally. It was just an expression. It's probably about 10-15 between the top and the sides of her tongue. Boy oh boy what a major mistake I made here.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics