Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO a generous gift for nice tenant who had 1st girl?
Previous  1  2

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:26 pm
If you want to spend 100 dollars consider the peluche cocoon as I said before I think little loungers Has it. It’s beautiful and so useful now for the pesach season

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:27 pm
Two questions:

Do people all buy their tenants (3 family house) baby gifts?

If yes, whats the average they spend?

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:30 pm
So it’s not a rule. I got a gift for my tenant a swaddle set it was about 35 dollars. But I don’t have much with her if I would be closer I would probably spend more

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:39 pm
schoolbus wrote:
If you want to spend 100 dollars consider the peluche cocoon as I said before I think little loungers Has it. It’s beautiful and so useful now for the pesach season

What is this? How is it used?

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:45 pm
amother Quince wrote:
What is this? How is it used?

https://moonlightlayette.com/c.....blush

You can also buy it without the hat and paci holder for 100
The baby doesn’t need a blanket and baby can even wear a plain stretchie no fancy knit set and always looks dressed. And it’s gorgeous Very Happy

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:46 pm
I had a girl after many boys and I'm overwhelmed with everything people bought.... I've received from little imports, a bunch 3 and 6 months outfits, matching blanket to one outfit, matching bonets to many outfits! Of course a beautiful fluffy blanket/zandino, more undershirts (I thought I told her I washed maybe 20), a jacket and hat and muslin swaddle blankets. I also got a pan of Cinnamon buns with another 6 month jacket and pink baby towel, very useful, 2 stretchies from someone with bonets, suppers, 2 stretchies from someone else, bonet, outfit and blanket from another person, blanket and teddy, another 2 blankets, did I tell you more blankets will be coming? I got another 3 month Lil legs stretchie from someone else. Another 3 month stretchie and bonet the day I came home.
I got a 6 month stretchie and hat from another person
Did I say the baby isn't a week yet and we know lots of people??

I say I love giving gifts and enjoy pampering the kimpetur with a stretchie or 2 I bought on sale. But now I'm completely overwhelmed! Should I enjoy being pampered? Should I stop giving gifts?? Should I be grateful and overwhelmed? Yes, everyone gets a thank you text and I usually send out thank you cards. Forgot 2 pacifier clips, not even sure where one flew in from, a fancy pacifier some place in between.

So maybe ask them what they want or need. Maybe they would love a 6 month set or maybe a play mat, swing or bouncer or fancy blanket or buy whatever. I'm not returning or exchanging. I'll enjoy what I can and pass on for a gift whenever.... just keep thinking!!

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Two questions:

My landlord bought me a stretchy and hat for each baby

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:07 pm
schoolbus wrote:

So doesn't seem practical IMO. And so not worth 156. And if they return they have only 24 hours to use it?!?

I personally gift outfits bigger than 3 months. Most people gift newborn sizes so I always had way too many. But 12 month? Not enough and they stay that size for a while.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:11 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
It’s not just a doll, it’s meant for decor. no one gives their baby a $50 doll to teeth and spit on.
To me in my tiny Brooklyn apartment it’s considered clutter.

My 6 month old loves her doll and sleeps with it every night…(got as a gift) not sure why you would have a doll for decor that the baby can’t enjoy.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:17 pm
Embroider a gift on Coney Island Ave has beautiful personalized baby gifts.
I think a personalized hooded towel with personalized brush or a personalized diaper bag (with the
baby's name on it).
They also have personalized baby blankets.
Ask if they deliver to BP.
Or- if it's a girl- baby headbands. There are ppl in the house that sell a set of 3 or 4 its gorgeous.
I saw someone with a beautiful Hugo Boss diaper bag- you can buy at a department store with an (obv!) normal return policy

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Theres a basement baby clothing store in the 50s and 16 or 17 area in BP, but I cant remember the name. They had unusual things for reasonable.

Does anyone know which store Im referring to?

Do you mean Little Bonnet?
54 btwn 15 and 16

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Two questions:

Depending on your relationship.
You can either get a stretchie with a matching hat for around $40-$50.
Or if you feel like spending more you can buy the Peluche cocoon as someone mentioned.
The Alimrose dolls are adorable. Not useful, but adorable for someone who likes whimsical decor. Personally, I love them!
Little Loungers, Estis Boutique, and Bee Cottons are all great stores to check out.
Little Imports has a great selection, as well.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Two questions:

My landlord bought us a gift but not for the baby. It was a Lego set for the older kids. I was really touched by it, especially as we had just moved in and were not living there a while. I thought it was really sweet and I would definitely buy them a gift if they had a baby

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:43 pm
schoolbus wrote:

I always wonder till when can you use it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 9:51 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Do you mean Little Bonnet?
54 btwn 15 and 16

I think so. Thanks!

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 11:14 am
amother Lemon wrote:
I always wonder till when can you use it?

Everyone says different, I personally used it for about 3 months and then it didn’t really fit properly…

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 11:24 am
You can put together a package and add in as many things that fit your budget. Some great options: Adora baby hooded towel/brush set, pacifier clip, baby perfume, outfit with/without matching hat, blanket, toy, etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries