Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Medication shortage

miami85

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:58 am
Curious what people are doing with the current medication shortage. My son is on a low dosage of it, and it makes such a difference in his ability to function. My pediatrician is trying to find an alternative but I'm trying to reach out to others as to what to do. We already give him magnesium as well. In our case it's not diet based.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:30 am
My husband and multiple kids are on Adderall but different dosages. I've noticed the higher dosages are harder to get ahold of, so we haven't had a problem with the lower dose pills. Also they don't take on the weekends, so that gives us a bit of buffer between refills.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:33 am
It's really tough. My sister is a pediatrician and she was telling me about this. She says sometimes before she prescribes something, she has to call the local pharmacies to see what they have in stock.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)