Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
New carseat stroller by Evenflo
1  2  Next

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:36 pm
https://instagram.com/stories/.....kMjY=

I wonder if it will become as popular as the doona

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:39 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
https://instagram.com/stories/evenflobaby/3062817642978802631?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I wonder if it will become as popular as the doona

I was waiting for more brands to imitate the doona. I'm sure they started on it when the doona first came out.

Once there's competition hopefully there will be incentive to reduce price & improve the design.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:41 pm
This carseat looks better and more comfortable and supportive than the doona.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:44 pm
Isn't it also 550?

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Isn't it also 550?

I think so. But if I'd spend money on such a thing, this one looks better to me then the doona does.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:46 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I think so. But if I'd spend money on such a thing, this one looks better to me then the doona does.

Do you know anyone that has it?
Weight wise, is it lighter than the doona?

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:48 pm
The mechanics look very similar & it's also super low (are the models really tall?). The only difference I'm seeing is that it can be removed from the base. Personally I wouldn't have a need for that.

What would matter I think is how much it weighs & how tall it is in comparison, & if it's overall less bulky.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:48 pm
It's heavier but the wheels are removable I.e. if you're walking up steps which is a huge help. The handlebar is taller.
I imagine it's more likely to have discounts in regular stores than the Doona.

I don't think it will take off in frum circles as much because it's not a cool brand.

(I have an Evenflo infant car seat now so I don't particularly care for trendy things.)

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:49 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

You'd need to try out in person to see that. I wish it had a lower price point.

Based on the photos it may be more reclined than the doona.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:50 pm
It says it weighs 29lbs. I don't know how much the doona weighs. It's on pre order for April.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It's heavier but the wheels are removable I.e. if you're walking up steps which is a huge help. The handlebar is taller.
I imagine it's more likely to have discounts in regular stores than the Doona.

I don't think it will take off in frum circles as much because it's not a cool brand.

(I have an Evenflo infant car seat now so I don't particularly care for trendy things.)

I also have an evenflo carseat, which is why I like this idea better than the doona. This looks like a proper comfort carseat, unlike the doona which is narrow, too upright, and uncomfortable.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:53 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
It says it weighs 29lbs. I don't know how much the doona weighs. It's on pre order for April.

Wow that's incredibly heavy, are you sure? Doona is about 16.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:56 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Wow that's incredibly heavy, are you sure? Doona is about 16.

It says 29lbs.

Girl@Heart

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:57 pm
Evenflo’s car seats and strollers typically have a lower price point and are aimed at a different market. Their strollers don’t really compete with the higher end strollers. Therefor I imagine the mchanics will not be as great as the Doona.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:57 pm
Girl@Heart wrote:
Evenflo’s car seats and strollers typically have a lower price point and are aimed at a different market. Their strollers don’t really compete with the higher end strollers. Therefor I imagine the mchanics will not be as great as the Doona.

This is the same price, or even more expensive then the doona. This one is $550.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:04 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's with the base that's left in the car 😉

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:12 pm
Hopefully it’ll have better crash test results than the doona. I’d buy it if it does, but I doubt it will take off since it’s not a trendy brand.

Girl@Heart

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:45 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
This is the same price, or even more expensive then the doona. This one is $550.

But their strollers don’t typically have the suspension and mechanics to compete with the better strollers out there. If they are selling under the Evenflo label I find it hard to believe that they will invest more resources into making the stroller part of this better than their other stroller. They likely will be using the parts and mechanics of their existing strollers.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 3:02 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's with the base that's left in the car 😉

Online at the description, they write that it weighs 29lbs. They don't say if it's with or without the base.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 3:07 pm
As others said it’s not a high end brand
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics