Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O what makes someone smart-all ages

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 11:56 am
I wanted to post but only anonymously.
I wanted to let the op know that in what content the comment was said makes a big difference.

Also calling someone smart Is in many ways similar to saying a non specific compliment.
Wow you so smart-you had a good idea your amazing at problem solving
Wow your so smart how did you know that-you seem very mathematical your quick with numbers.

I'm very careful with my compliments because of a story I once had with my child.
Tqyhe principal kept telling my daughter how smart she was. Yet in the same breath she was told she belongs in lower track classes. Then she was evaluated with a IQ test that showed she was "average-sized does that mean she's no longer smart?7

I believe wvery person has their strengths and weakness. It depends what your measuring. To be successful you need to take your strengths and apply it to an area that people could see and admired success and that's what people call smart. Unless your in school then the highest scores is what makes you smart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics