Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Serenity when this kid is not home. Help prep for yt!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 2:55 am
All ideas, suggestions are welcome! We have 7 kids keh, the third one is 10 years old and is giving us all a very hard time at the shabbos table!! Every little thing is a fight, argument, punch, making the meal a pure disaster. Please help me prepare for a relaxed pesach atmosphere. Tia!!!

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 3:07 am
amother OP wrote:
All ideas, suggestions are welcome! We have 7 kids keh, the third one is 10 years old and is giving us all a very hard time at the shabbos table!! Every little thing is a fight, argument, punch, making the meal a pure disaster. Please help me prepare for a relaxed pesach atmosphere. Tia!!!

Ugh. You are describing my 2nd kid who's 8 years old. She has a history of trauma medical and other trauma. She possibly has pans. (Never officially diagnosed but has all the symptoms, no fevers ever when sick, reactive when ppl around her are sick and of course when she's sick. Tics.... random explosive reactive behaviours)

Whenever we hit such a bump I try to tune into why she's behaving this way. For example she wants me to serve her first. Spoons flying chair is on the floor she's screaming like a banshee. - she probably feels like we don't love her less because I served her second. (She's expressed that once. So I know it's a "thing" with her.
Oftentimes her feelings are very out of context and very out of left field. And it's the PANS messing with her head. but those are her feelings at the moment. And she's in pain and needs compassion. And gentle discipline.

GL

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 3:19 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
Ugh. You are describing my 2nd kid who's 8 years old. She has a history of trauma medical and other trauma. She possibly has pans. (Never officially diagnosed but has all the symptoms, no fevers ever when sick, reactive when ppl around her are sick and of course when she's sick. Tics.... random explosive reactive behaviours)

Whenever we hit such a bump I try to tune into why she's behaving this way. For example she wants me to serve her first. Spoons flying chair is on the floor she's screaming like a banshee. - she probably feels like we don't love her less because I served her second. (She's expressed that once. So I know it's a "thing" with her.
Oftentimes her feelings are very out of context and very out of left field. And it's the PANS messing with her head. but those are her feelings at the moment. And she's in pain and needs compassion. And gentle discipline.

GL

Yes, he says it all the time, you hate me, you don’t listen to me, only when I turn all cabinets upside down is when you look at me. Of course this all is not true. He just repeats things he needs 100 times, even though he got the answer at the first. All kids suffer and I’m really trying to think positive about him and give him lots of compassion. But something is bothering him, I wish I can help him
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics