Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
When to start looking?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 5:23 am
When you're gonna move to a whole different community in a different state, when can you start going to a place to check it out?
Is 2 years in advance way too early?

I might have an opportunity this summer but then I won't be able to until it's a few months before we move. But there are multiple places far apart from each other I would like to check out. So I can't do them all then.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:16 am
A lot can change in a community in 2 years. Where I live, the community grows and develops by leaps and bounds each year and it would be hard to gauge what it’s all about so far out. You’d have to keep tabs on things to see if they’re still what you want as you get closer. (Size, people, schools, shuls, the eruv boundaries and housing…)

I guess it depends on what types of places you’re looking at also.

We got ideas about a year ahead (the OU community fair was pretty helpful.) We applied for jobs wherever we felt could be an option, and then visited the communities when we got interviews.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating