Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working Women

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:51 am
Can anyone post the tread where working moms post when their last day of work is before Pesach. Thanks

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:38 pm
I haven't seen the post but I get off from work 4pm Wednesday.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:06 pm
And those who work for regular, I.e. not frum, companies don't "get" off at all and have to use their vacation or personal days or take leave without pay. For years I worked erev Pesach and took off only a few hours to leave early.

youngmother6

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:55 pm
I don’t get off but I saved up vacation days and I am taking off starting Tuesday before Pesach.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:58 pm
I'm also taking off

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:40 pm
I am taking off Wednesday. I am also taking off the Friday after pesach. Bh I have unlimited PTO

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:26 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I haven't seen the post but I get off from work 4pm Wednesday.

Lol at the hug. My kitchen is completely turned over aside from the sink, all my dishes and accessories are unpacked, and I'm feeling way calmer than any other previous year. You do what you gotta do. Sometimes it's worth taking off, other times not so much.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:56 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Lol at the hug. My kitchen is completely turned over aside from the sink, all my dishes and accessories are unpacked, and I'm feeling way calmer than any other previous year. You do what you gotta do. Sometimes it's worth taking off, other times not so much.

Meanwhile I set my own (VERY part time) schedule and my kitchen will turn over on Monday a week from today. Smile I'm about a third done with cleaning. I hired NO cleaning help this year. I'll cook Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Every single day I'm working part time plus I have an appointment (every dang day) plus I'm doing a bit of cleaning. Didn't even make a menu yet. I'll do that tonight or tomorrow.

Everyone does it their own way.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:45 pm
Working from home Wednesday, but taking a couple hours off. Then working chol hamoed, and not planning to work isru chag because erev shabbos.

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:46 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
Meanwhile I set my own (VERY part time) schedule and my kitchen will turn over on Monday a week from today. Smile I'm about a third done with cleaning. I hired NO cleaning help this year. I'll cook Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Every single day I'm working part time plus I have an appointment (every dang day) plus I'm doing a bit of cleaning. Didn't even make a menu yet. I'll do that tonight or tomorrow.

Everyone does it their own way.

I don't have help either. I've done the day before in the past to the point where we had to ask a shaila bc we didnt have 24 hours for our sink to sit after cleaning and before kashering. And I've always done all my cooking on yom tov out of necessity. But I've found it sooo stressful and had to pull nearly all nighters and then show up at work. It's not for me.

For years I've been telling dh we should so it in advance like this and he said it stressed him to have a turned over kitchen with chometz still being eaten and needing cleaning. Well I finally told him to shove it this year (in a most loving way) and guess what.... He said he feels less stressed than ever before pesach. Duh, he should've known I'm always right 😂

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:54 pm
I used to work until the second before yom tov. Since we’ve made aliyah, I’ve had off every erev chag. This year, we’re going on a getting into the spirit of yom tov hike, nap, cook and shower! It will be an awesome day. Erev YK, we went to the sea. The kids played in the sand, we did tashlich and meditated/talked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics