Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Colleen Hoover Help
Previous  1  2

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 1:29 pm
OP I would not recommend her books. I’ve read every single one of them and love it but would not suggest it for you daughter. I’m saying this as a MO woman. Not something I would feel comfortable giving to my daughters

CPenzias

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
OP I would not recommend her books. I’ve read every single one of them and love it but would not suggest it for you daughter. I’m saying this as a MO woman. Not something I would feel comfortable giving to my daughters

Just wondering if you've read the slammed series. Am I off base? (I'm in the middle of listening to Regretting You now. Omg)

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:53 pm
I actually think it’s not necessarily bad for girls to know about the cycle of abuse and red flags for abuse. I only read one of her books.

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 9:31 pm
I recently read Every Summer After by Carley Fortune; it’s a really great book.

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:17 pm
She is 18. I doubt she will be listening OP.

Some of you are saying she's too young, some are saying she's old enough to read what she wants. Realistically our world sends out 18/19 year old girls to start dating and get married. Where do we draw the line? At what point is an 18 year old an adult capable of making life changing decisions? When they get to play dress up and be intimate with a man?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room