Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Toddler wearing shoes without socks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:18 am
Would you let your toddler wear shoes (not sandals) without socks? I personally think it looks weird without socks, but when I asked teen DD to buy socks for the toddler (new walker), she was horrified. She thinks it's adorable.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:20 am
I don't care how it looks, I care about comfort. Shoes without socks might be very sweaty. You can get anklets that don't stick out of the shoes, if you're worried about looks. Your teen shouldn't dictate you.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:22 am
It’s extremely uncomfortable and not great for their feet that sweat and don’t breathe like sandals do. Shoes are worn with socks. You are the mom she can be as horrified as she wants, your child your rules.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:26 am
It's stylish Smile

I think like kids don't sweat their feet like adults and it's really up to you. You can definitely incorporate your teen's fashion sense if you like.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:27 am
Maybe in the summer or if I lived in a year-round warm climate. Not for fashion reasons though. When we bought dd her first pair of shoes (I think they were leather naturinos), it was a summer style and the salesperson said they could be worn without socks. We didn't do it because I think it makes them wear out faster when you do that. But I don't think there's anything wrong with it for certain shoes in the summer.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:28 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Maybe in the summer or if I lived in a year-round warm climate. Not for fashion reasons though. When we bought dd her first pair of shoes (I think they were leather naturinos), it was a summer style and the salesperson said they could be worn without socks. We didn't do it because I think it makes them wear out faster when you do that and a navy can't tell you if something is rubbing. But I don't think there's anything wrong with it for certain shoes in the summer.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cappuccino

amother OP wrote:
Would you let your toddler wear shoes (not sandals) without socks? I personally think it looks weird without socks, but when I asked teen DD to buy socks for the toddler (new walker), she was horrified. She thinks it's adorable.

I think new walker shoes look cute with socks. I can’t imagine putting new walker shoes on (normally they’re sneakers) without socks. I wonder what kind of new walker shoes you are referring to

SuperWify

I think it’s cute but my kids would go crazy. So obviously, comfort before fashion.

amother
Daisy

amother Mocha wrote:
It's stylish Smile

I think like kids don't sweat their feet like adults and it's really up to you. You can definitely incorporate your teen's fashion sense if you like.

Little kids sweat tons. And also they can’t verbalize that it’s uncomfortable.

amother
Cappuccino

amother Cappuccino wrote:
I think new walker shoes look cute with socks. I can’t imagine putting new walker shoes on (normally they’re sneakers) without socks. I wonder what kind of new walker shoes you are referring to

As a side point- especially a new shoe- the baby can get blisters without socks. Doesn’t sound comfy at all

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:51 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
As a side point- especially a new shoe- the baby can get blisters without socks. Doesn’t sound comfy at all

This.
Socks prevent rubbing. Get really short ones for style if it makes the teen happy. The socks can be washed easier than shoes. I look at them like a liner,

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:03 am
Like others said start with short no show socks (sold literally everywhere- primark, children's place, jewish stores etc) & once the shoe is well broken in you can try no socks & see baby's reaction. My sensory kids don't like socks..

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:09 am
My DD wore shoes without socks last summer because she liked the way it felt. My "with-it" neighbor commented that I'm so fashionable and she wishes her kids would wear shoes without socks... (I didn't even know it was the "in" thing to do, but I guess it looked right... Her clothes were fashionable too)

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:12 am
Socks are better for several reasons: they protect both the shoe and the foot.

That said, I let my kids (including toddlers) go sockless when they want to. That's my parenting style: if it's not a BIG deal, don't interfere.

But unless it's a summer sandal, I'd always TRY to get the kid to wear socks.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:17 am
Lol of course your teen knows the styles. But I do have them wear socks with sneakers. Sockless in sandals or floafers (they sell some cute sturdy sandals that are appropriate for new walkers).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics