Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Moving to Manchester

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 2:39 pm
We are seriously considering moving to Manchester from another community in the UK. Can any Manchester imas tell me more about the housing situation there? Seems like it’s quite affordable but is it hard to buy due to demand? Also what is the average salary that my dh can expect for an office type job? He has no official qualifications but quite a few years of experience in the working world..any advice will be much appreciated!
Please also tell me if you are happy there and if you feel welcomed by the community ☺️

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 2:51 pm
What do you call affordable? You can get a 3 bedroom house for 300-350 in the main areas. There's always demand for the lower priced houses. If you have the money to look at the bigger, nicer houses, there's less people looking at those. Most people I know are looking at buying in the crumpsall area as it's slowly building up and the houses are cheaper than the main prestwich area.
Average salary I wouldn't know, you would have to look at job adverts-there's an organisation I think it's called Jewel that supports people finding jobs.
I think a lot depends on where you live, where you feel you fit in. There is a wide range of 'Jewish' across Manchester so there should be a space for you. Most people I know are happy living here. I think there isn't really 1 community, there's lots of different ones and people find the one they feel fits them best.

s1

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 2:52 pm
I love Manchester!!
Can’t tell you much about salaries.
Houses - people are spreading out a bit and moving a bit further out eg to crumpsall area.
Happy for you to pm me if I can help any more

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 3:15 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
What do you call affordable? You can get a 3 bedroom house for 300-350 in the main areas. There's always demand for the lower priced houses. If you have the money to look at the bigger, nicer houses, there's less people looking at those. Most people I know are looking at buying in the crumpsall area as it's slowly building up and the houses are cheaper than the main prestwich area.
Average salary I wouldn't know, you would have to look at job adverts-there's an organisation I think it's called Jewel that supports people finding jobs.
I think a lot depends on where you live, where you feel you fit in. There is a wide range of 'Jewish' across Manchester so there should be a space for you. Most people I know are happy living here. I think there isn't really 1 community, there's lots of different ones and people find the one they feel fits them best.

What do yuo call main area?
iv only seen houses for 400 and above that size in the area.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 4:24 pm
By affordable we were thinking approx 300k, doesn’t need to be a big house. Is that enough to buy a 3 bed in the Crumpsall area? I heard that’s where most of the young families are moving to…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries