Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Baby rack ribs

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:42 pm
I bought this today but have not a clue what to do with it. Anyone have an easy , klp recipe that I can do? Without any wine please. I need step by step instructions, I’m not very good with meats…

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:52 pm
I posted these in the meat forum. They were very good and very easy

These were a super hit and so easy.

I think that sumac is okay for Pesach but not 100% sure.

I didn't freeze but the recipe does provide instructions on how to freeze and reheat.

This is a new (for me) cookbook and has a lot of very intriguing recipes. Most of them are fairly simple and rely on interesting flavors rather than complicated prep and cooking techniques.

Pucker-Up Ribs

Excerpt From: Chanie Apfelbaum - Totally Kosher

Serves 6

I’m not a big candy person, but I can get down with super-sour candy that makes my mouth pucker. That’s why I love fresh cranberries—they’re like nature’s Cry Baby candies! I rev up the tartness in the cranberry sauce here with naturally tangy sumac, pomegranate juice, and lemon for a mouth-puckering experience you’re going to love!

POMEGRANATE-SUMAC CRANBERRY SAUCE

12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
1 cup pomegranate juice
½ cup honey
2 teaspoons ground sumac
Zest and juice of 1 lemon

RIBS

3 pounds bone-in beef spare ribs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil

Preheat the oven to 500°F.

To make the cranberry sauce: In a medium saucepan, add the cranberries, pomegranate juice, honey, sumac, lemon zest, and lemon juice and set over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat so the sauce is at a gentle simmer, and cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.

While the sauce reduces, prepare the ribs: In a large baking dish, place the ribs and season them generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Drizzle with the oil and roast for 10 minutes per side, until each side is browned.

Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Pour the cranberry sauce over the ribs and cover with two layers of foil. Bake for 2 hours, until the meat is fork-tender and the ribs are falling off the bone. Remove from the oven and transfer to a platter to serve.

Note
You can also use this recipe to prepare short ribs, flanken ribs, or back ribs.

Freezer-Friendly

To freeze the ribs, transfer them to a 9 × 13-inch disposable pan and cover with two layers of foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then heat in a 300°F oven until warmed through, about 25 minutes.”

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:55 pm
Amarante wrote:
I posted these in the meat forum. They were very good and very easy

These were a super hit and so easy.

I think that sumac is okay for Pesach but not 100% sure.

I didn't freeze but the recipe does provide instructions on how to freeze and reheat.

This is a new (for me) cookbook and has a lot of very intriguing recipes. Most of them are fairly simple and rely on interesting flavors rather than complicated prep and cooking techniques.

Pucker-Up Ribs

Excerpt From: Chanie Apfelbaum - Totally Kosher

Serves 6

I’m not a big candy person, but I can get down with super-sour candy that makes my mouth pucker. That’s why I love fresh cranberries—they’re like nature’s Cry Baby candies! I rev up the tartness in the cranberry sauce here with naturally tangy sumac, pomegranate juice, and lemon for a mouth-puckering experience you’re going to love!

POMEGRANATE-SUMAC CRANBERRY SAUCE

12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
1 cup pomegranate juice
½ cup honey
2 teaspoons ground sumac
Zest and juice of 1 lemon

RIBS

3 pounds bone-in beef spare ribs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil

Preheat the oven to 500°F.

To make the cranberry sauce: In a medium saucepan, add the cranberries, pomegranate juice, honey, sumac, lemon zest, and lemon juice and set over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat so the sauce is at a gentle simmer, and cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.

While the sauce reduces, prepare the ribs: In a large baking dish, place the ribs and season them generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Drizzle with the oil and roast for 10 minutes per side, until each side is browned.

Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Pour the cranberry sauce over the ribs and cover with two layers of foil. Bake for 2 hours, until the meat is fork-tender and the ribs are falling off the bone. Remove from the oven and transfer to a platter to serve.

Note
You can also use this recipe to prepare short ribs, flanken ribs, or back ribs.

Freezer-Friendly

To freeze the ribs, transfer them to a 9 × 13-inch disposable pan and cover with two layers of foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then heat in a 300°F oven until warmed through, about 25 minutes.”

Thank you so much for posting this. I don’t have any of the ingredients and I’m not sure what we can use…

Looking for any other really simple ideas please.

fig

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:28 pm
Sprinkle ribs with salt , pepper. Roast uncovered in oven on 225 at least 4 hours. Baby ribs are super flavorful by themselves. (You can cover to reheat)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics