Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Uber deactivated my account!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:00 pm
I tried going into my Uber account and realize it is locked. The company deactivated it. I am completely baffled and don't know what caused this. The only thing I can think of is that the last time I wanted to use Uber, I was going to send 2 children alone. (Which I know, I know, is not safe but I was at a loss and needed to get them to school.) The older one is just about a teenager. The driver told me he can not take them, he can get into trouble ... I told him I wasn't aware and that was it. They came out of the car and that's it. Can it be because of this?? It's not like I did end up sending them.
Anyone had their accounts deactivated? And did you get it reinstated? Thanks!!

relaxation

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:02 pm
you can contact them. hopefully wasn't hacked

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:03 pm
this happened to me as well

hodeez

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:04 pm
Happened to my bil because he gave all the Arab drivers one star 😂🤦

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:26 pm
A mother linen, did you get it reactivated again? And if yes how?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
A mother linen, did you get it reactivated again? And if yes how?

I wasn’t able to get it reactivated so after a few weeks of trying I downloaded lyft

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:57 pm
You can open new account on different email

scruffy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:03 pm
hodeez wrote:

If they didn't deserve one star ratings then that is behavior that warrants some kind of response from Uber.

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:28 pm
scruffy wrote:
If they didn't deserve one star ratings then that is behavior that warrants some kind of response from Uber.

Can you imagine the uproar if someone learned a person was consistently giving poor reviews for services performed by a Jew because they were Jewish.

Java

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:56 pm
hodeez wrote:

Classy

hodeez

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:16 pm
I didn't say he was right to do it I'm just saying that's one reason for deactivation

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:22 pm
The driver may have reported you for calling an Uber for someone underage. Since you violated policy by calling An Uber.

OceanRider

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:52 pm
hodeez wrote:

Ouch

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:57 pm
Lyft threatened to do that to me when I tried hiring one for my bochur. Incidentally, I had used in the past even for a younger bochur without a problem but this driver was very strict on the rules. I had to sign a thing I would never do that again and I have a warning on my account and if I ever do try sending again I will be banned.

I've never used them again.

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:05 pm
A driver can lose their UBER gig if they take an unaccompanied minor - anyone under 18.

They might have to state the reason for canceling the ride because gig workers are nit permitted to cancel without a reason or Uber penalizes them.

While a 17 year old might pass for 18, someone who is *almost* a teenager is 12 and is clearly a kid.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:11 pm
Amarante wrote:
A driver can lose their UBER gig if they take an unaccompanied minor - anyone under 18.

They might have to state the reason for canceling the ride because gig workers are nit permitted to cancel without a reason or Uber penalizes them.

While a 17 year old might pass for 18, someone who is *almost* a teenager is 12 and is clearly a kid.

That’s interesting. I send my 16 year old and 14 year old in Ubers and Lyfts daily and I’ve never had an issue at all. And I’ve been sending them since they are 12 or so.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:17 pm
Amarante wrote:

It might vary by state. I think my son was 16 and he needed to be 17 in that state.

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:27 pm
This is Ubers national policy from their website. I imagine some drivers will risk not following rules to make the money as thst is human nature but there would be a reason a driver wouid decline and possibly report.

To have an Uber account and be able to request rides, a rider has to be at least 18 years of age. Anyone under that age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older on all rides.

As a driver, you should decline the ride request if you believe the person requesting the ride is under 18. When picking up riders, if you feel they are underage, you may request they provide a valid drivers license or ID card for confirmation. Please do not start the trip, or allow a rider to ride if they are underage.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I tried going into my Uber account and realize it is locked. The company deactivated it. I am completely baffled and don't know what caused this. The only thing I can think of is that the last time I wanted to use Uber, I was going to send 2 children alone. (Which I know, I know, is not safe but I was at a loss and needed to get them to school.) The older one is just about a teenager. The driver told me he can not take them, he can get into trouble ... I told him I wasn't aware and that was it. They came out of the car and that's it. Can it be because of this?? It's not like I did end up sending them.
Anyone had their accounts deactivated? And did you get it reinstated? Thanks!!

This is probably the reason.
Hopefully you can activate a new account.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:34 pm
hodeez wrote:

Why on earth would he do that?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries