Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
LICE!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:17 pm
background I'm BH blessed with kids. dealing with this 'maka' a few times a year.
the school sent a letter that they'll be checking the kids hair. I tried making sure to get all nits out of the hair. last step to that was sectioning the hair, and going through each section at a time.
end result all hair fully lice and nit free.

linen changed.

1 week later I go through their hair after the bath, as part of the routine, with a lice comb and.... 2 in one head, 3 in another head.... seeing this I combed my baby's hair. in total, I can say this baby with chin-length hair had 7-10 lice and litterly 100rds of nits!!!!!!!

I guess I missed checking the baby's hair a week before and multiplied like crazy. so between Purim and now, when there is nothing to do... we were really busy, to say the least.

BH for healthy kids.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:09 pm
Do you live in Israel? I can't imagine anywhere else is so cavalier about live.

Where I live (US), the schools check all the students before school starts and again after every major vacation. If there is a case of lice in the class, they check the whole class twice a week and send anyone who has lice home until they're lice-free according to a certified lice checker.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:19 pm
amother Holly wrote:
Do you live in Israel? I can't imagine anywhere else is so cavalier about live.

Where I live (US), the schools check all the students before school starts and again after every major vacation. If there is a case of lice in the class, they check the whole class twice a week and send anyone who has lice home until they're lice-free according to a certified lice checker.

Im going to guess not in israel because the OP wrote "the school sent a letter that they'll be checking the kids hair. "
There are no schools checking for lice here. Its just not a thing.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:23 pm
Comb, comb, comb!
Boys too!
I comb the difficult hair once with conditioner still in in the shower, then again after. Spray the curly hair with water after and reshape the curls.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:39 pm
If your boys have peyos check them. My brother was infested when he was little . Nobody dreamed it possible since he had a triple zero haircut .

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:47 pm
Theres a 15 mins spray in lice solution that kills them straight away when Im feeling very lazy.

Its amazing.

I dont like to use it because it stays in the hair a bit even after washing , but its totally worth it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:58 pm
I comb my younger kids' hair after each bath. the older ones, that shower alone, I try to make sure to comb at least once a week. if something is found then it gets rechecked daily until clear.

I gotta start this routine for my baby Can't Believe It .

once I brushed my son's peyos and eew, it got polka dotted. (I must've brushed right into the nest...) It took a lot of combing to finally get the one louse out and of course all the nits.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Theres a 15 mins spray in lice solution that kills them straight away when Im feeling very lazy.

Its amazing.

I dont like to use it because it stays in the hair a bit even after washing , but its totally worth it.

can you link it?

TIA

happy7

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:26 pm
If you are in United States, there is a FABULOUS product called licefreee.
It is easy to use, quick, and very very effective.
It is non-toxic and not expensive.
You can get it on amazon, but a little cheaper in a store, like Walgreens.

nnmom

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:36 pm
Reading this thread made me very itchy Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:25 pm
happy7 wrote:
If you are in United States, there is a FABULOUS product called licefreee.
It is easy to use, quick, and very very effective.
It is non-toxic and not expensive.
You can get it on amazon, but a little cheaper in a store, like Walgreens.

thank you, it's worth a try

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:27 pm
nnmom wrote:
Reading this thread made me very itchy Very Happy

well the title said it all.

you entered at your own risk LOL

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:33 pm
there is a oral pill called ivermectin. it paralyzes them so they can't feed or lay eggs so they all die. u take one pill and another one 1 week later. u don't need to comb or wash anything. since they are paralyzed they all die out. ask your doctor for a script.

https://www.jwatch.org/pa20101.....-lice

gamanit

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:44 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
there is a oral pill called ivermectin. it paralyzes them so they can't feed or lay eggs so they all die. u take one pill and another one 1 week later. u don't need to comb or wash anything. since they are paralyzed they all die out. ask your doctor for a script.

Oral ivermectin is for parasites in the intestines. Per a google search though there is a lotion version for head lice.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:50 pm
its for lice and internal parasites. I gave it to my kids this year and it worked like a charm. there is a cream and an oral pill. (as an aside at one point there was research done to see if it works for covid.)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go.....ents.

gamanit

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
its for lice and internal parasites. I gave it to my kids this year and it worked like a charm. there is a cream and an oral pill. (as an aside at one point there was research done to see if it works for covid.)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go.....ents.

Very interesting. I know at one point people were using it for COVID. I personally would lean towards external before trying oral pill.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:27 pm
Interestingly enough blow drying and ironing my kids hair finally ended the lice/nits drama.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics