Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Making Pesach very last minute
Previous  1  2

exhausted

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:42 pm
OP, where are you located? Maybe some friends and neighbors can help with some of the food.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi! I'm not sure why im on here , I think it's to de-stress or something. I'm quite quite quite crushed. Due to circumstances way beyond my control, ( and really no humans control.. though it does look like humans choices have impacted us) we need to stay home for pesach last minute. I haven't been able to clean or shop yet due to the situation. Any tips or chizuk would be greatly appreciated

https://www.amazon.com/How-Mak.....70213
You might be able to find this in your local store, or find talks she's given online.
Hugs, and hatzlacha!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:21 pm
Maybe bikur cholim can help out with cooked food. You can hire someone to kasher the kitchen. I’m really sorry. I have a different challenging family situation, and a lot of stress, and I understand how difficult it can be. H’ should give you strength and send you the help you need.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:27 pm
Can you get invited out to neighbors for meals so you don't have to cook as much?

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi! I'm not sure why im on here , I think it's to de-stress or something. I'm quite quite quite crushed. Due to circumstances way beyond my control, ( and really no humans control.. though it does look like humans choices have impacted us) we need to stay home for pesach last minute. I haven't been able to clean or shop yet due to the situation. Any tips or chizuk would be greatly appreciated

If this is about the hotel that was just cancelled, you can join the whatsap group and see if you can get assistance for accommodation and/or food so you wouldnt have to do it alone-- https://chat.whatsapp.com/Huqp.....Efp6I

Even if its not about the hotel, please reach out to Elan Kornblum from the Great Kosher Restaurants Foodies group on fb and let him know that you need help. He has connections and may be able to help you find accommodations and/or food-- https://www.facebook.com/group.....0742/

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:47 pm
Thanks all! Klal Yisrael is so amazing and kind to come on here so close to yt when someone's in distress. I appreciate all the chizuk, validation and ideas. I'm gonna make it there iyH hopefully all in one piece. The main thing for me is that the family should be w Shalom and simcha even though we're in quite an impossible situation. Even with all the taking out chumros and spring cleaning, it's a massive job to make shabbos, Yom tov , working, and keeping myself above water. Invites are not applicable due to the special situations, severe behavioral concerns...thanks again and may we all join together in Yerushalayim habenuya for pesach!!!!! Where hashem will wipe away all our tears and comfort and soothe our broken hearts

bbhem5

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 7:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all! Klal Yisrael is so amazing and kind to come on here so close to yt when someone's in distress. I appreciate all the chizuk, validation and ideas. I'm gonna make it there iyH hopefully all in one piece. The main thing for me is that the family should be w Shalom and simcha even though we're in quite an impossible situation. Even with all the taking out chumros and spring cleaning, it's a massive job to make shabbos, Yom tov , working, and keeping myself above water. Invites are not applicable due to the special situations, severe behavioral concerns...thanks again and may we all join together in Yerushalayim habenuya for pesach!!!!! Where hashem will wipe away all our tears and comfort and soothe our broken hearts

Amen! Your attitude in such an overwhelming situation is inspiring and amazing.
May Hashem give you shefa brachos - shalom, simcha and yishuv hadaas.
I would be honored to send you prepared food if you are in Lakewood. I cook simply - soup, kugel, chicken and potatoes, roast... - please let me know.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 7:31 pm
Family politics always have a way of creeping up on people either before or during a Yom tov… things just become so much more stressful and intense.
Op, if your plans had to suddenly change because of family politics I’m really sorry for you but know that unfortunately you are not the only one by far who is dealing with these or similar issues now.
May Hashem send you menuchas hanefesh and happiness over Yom tov even if you will be alone. Really, we’re never alone even if it feels like it sometimes.

familyfirst

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:12 pm
So disappointing:(

But you can do this!
Close off the cabinets, clean fridge and line it. Self clean the oven. Zehu.
Do a vacuum and mop the rest of the house.

For first part of Yom tov, just make gefilte fish, soup and chicken and potatoes. Buy fresh veggies and eggs for salads. You got this.
By the time chol
Hamoed comes around you will have more head space to be more creative if you like.

Really really really- once you’re past the disappointment you will be fine. Been going away for years and recently started staying home. In many ways staying home is easier. You can do this!!

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:18 pm
OP, if your SN children are affiliated with any organizations, please call them and let them know what's happening. Even if they don't have financial resources or the ability to help you get cleaning help (which they might), there's a good chance they can send over a volunteer or two to help with the kids or run some basic errands for you. My dd volunteers with an organization and emails like this go out; and there are definitely volunteers who are youngests or not needed at home who go and do this- happily.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics