Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Kitchen sink water filter

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:09 pm
My faucet is "fancy" not the type you can screw a filter on where the water comes out.

We had a plumber install a filter under the sink but it only lasts a day or so before our water is down to a trickle. We tried replacing it a couple of times thinking something was defective but it's always the same.

Is there another option?

I've seen some people have a separate small tap on the side of just filtered water. If anyone has installed one can you please share what it costs? They'd have to drill a new hole in the counter...

Or any idea how much it would cost to take out our whole faucet and replace with something I can screw a filter onto?

It's extremely frustrating and we use way too much water for drinking, soup, etc to just not have a filtered tap. We live in NYC where according to most rabbanim it's non-negotiable.

dani'smommy

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:33 pm
We had a waterdrop filter installed, and we are having the same issue. It doesn't work well for the volume of water we use. I recently had a highly experienced plumber come to fix an unrelated issue, and he told me he is constantly uninstalling these because they don't work well. He recommended a 3M filter and said he uses it himself with no issues. We haven't gotten around to replacing ours, but we plan to do it.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 3:54 pm
dani'smommy wrote:
We had a waterdrop filter installed, and we are having the same issue. It doesn't work well for the volume of water we use. I recently had a highly experienced plumber come to fix an unrelated issue, and he told me he is constantly uninstalling these because they don't work well. He recommended a 3M filter and said he uses it himself with no issues. We haven't gotten around to replacing ours, but we plan to do it.

Do you have a link to the recommended 3m one?

dani'smommy

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 4:07 pm
No, I actually just looked on Amazon and I see that there's a huge range of filters. I'll try to ask him which he recommends.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 4:14 pm
Thanks. Desperate for ideas here, my trickle has gotten worse

whewpy

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 4:48 pm
Is a 3m filter also installed under the sink?

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 4:51 pm
Bumping to ask if anyone has a link or knows the name of the filter that doesn't get backed up too quickly

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 8:31 pm
Nobody? Please????

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:42 pm
Desperate :-(

Sb1234

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:48 pm
I use 3mff101 under sink filter. Lasts >6months and then needs replacement which is around 150$

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:50 pm
Thanks! Are you able to install it easily or does it want a plumber?

Sb1234

https://a.co/d/cZnV7YW

Sb1234

seeker wrote:
Thanks! Are you able to install it easily or does it want a plumber?

I think we did it ourselves I don’t remember. You can probably find a video on YouTube showing how.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars