Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona - love or hate
1  2  Next

Doona - love or hate?
Love it  
 55%  [ 81 ]
Hate it  
 25%  [ 37 ]
Neutral  
 18%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 145

happy chick

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:56 pm
Do you love the doona or hate it? I have it and I hate it. The only reason I'm still using it is cuz I'm lazy to unpack my old Graco with the snap-n-go. I love that the snap-n-go has a large basket.

Last edited by happy chick on Wed, Apr 19 2023, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:57 pm
It depends on your needs. If you take ubers it's a lifesaver. I love mine, & I used a Graco snap n go for several kids.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 10:00 pm
Love how easy it is in and out of the car. Hate the no basket.

happy chick

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
It depends on your needs. If you take ubers it's a lifesaver. I love mine, & I used a Graco snap n go for several kids.

Not necessarily. It's not much more complicated to disconnect the car seat from the base. And a regular car seat is so much lighter than the doona.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 10:02 pm
I’ve only ever used a doona. Hate how heavy it is and that there’s no basket. But I like that its a one step process to put it in and take it out of the car. I picked neutral.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 11:54 pm
I love it and I hate it.

Love the convenience.
Hate the weight, the flimsy feel, the no basket, the low low low down feel like I’m pushing a doll carriage.

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 11:55 pm
I've heard that Doonas can cause the baby's head to flatten, has anyone experienced this?
I've personally never used a doona because they only became super standard after I had my first baby and I had already invested in a different stroller/travel system.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:04 am
I don’t own a Doona. I am really not a fan of it. It’s meant to be a convenient car seat. People overuse and abuse it.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:07 am
I got one when I had a baby right before my daughters wedding. Was a lifesaver! One piece in and out of the car. Kids love pushing a fussy baby in it in the house. But I didn't abuse it and my baby has a stunning round head.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:07 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
I've heard that Doonas can cause the baby's head to flatten, has anyone experienced this?
I've personally never used a doona because they only became super standard after I had my first baby and I had already invested in a different stroller/travel system.

My nephews head flattened from the Doona. But, that was cuz he was in it all day. My babies have never had that issue because I don’t use it as an infant seat or crib.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:11 am
happy chick wrote:
Not necessarily. It's not much more complicated to disconnect the car seat from the base. And a regular car seat is so much lighter than the doona.

I've used both a lot. When exiting on a busy street along with an older child you need to hold on to it makes all the difference. Also the push & maneuverability is not to compare.

The doona is also more upright which accommodates an older baby compared to the graco.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:14 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
My nephews head flattened from the Doona. But, that was cuz he was in it all day. My babies have never had that issue because I don’t use it as an infant seat or crib.

This. Any carseat would cause a flattened head if baby sits in it all day.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:19 am
amother Hunter wrote:
This. Any carseat would cause a flattened head if baby sits in it all day.

Where can the newborn/ baby be during the whole day to prevent this?

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:45 am
amother Thistle wrote:

In a carrier/sling, on the floor, or in a flat bassinet/pack n play with room to move are the best places for a baby to be. They need to be able to move freely and look around.

Containers (car seats, swings, jumpers, strollers, rock n plays, etc.) should be used as little as possible.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 1:31 am
Love that I don't have to deal with the snap n go and how quickly I could do errands with it.
Love it in situations that I wouldn't have bothered using my snap n go (parked down the block from my apartment, dont have to carry car seat home).
Hate how heavy it is to lift into my van (Im very short and not very strong, its hard work!)
Hate the no basket
Not sure my baby loves it.
Love the height of it Smile

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 5:21 am
amother Thistle wrote:

Babies need tummy time from birth. So they should spend time on their stomach could be on a mat or in a crib. As they weeks go by they should spend more and more of their waking time on their stomachs. They should spend time being held.
Babies that spend their day on their backs even not in a Doona are at risk for flat heads.

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 5:26 am
amother Thistle wrote:

In your arms?

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 8:36 am
amother Clear wrote:
Babies need tummy time from birth. So they should spend time on their stomach could be on a mat or in a crib. As they weeks go by they should spend more and more of their waking time on their stomachs. They should spend time being held.
Babies that spend their day on their backs even not in a Doona are at risk for flat heads.

Babies who spend all day in the doona are at risk for flat heads and torticollis.
Doonas are amazing hands down. I had my first two before they came out and I bought it for my third. It’s a LIFECHANGER!
However, if you think it’s a carriage, you will be disappointed. It’s a carseat, just a more convenient version
Even Flo actually just came out with their own version, it seems nicer actually! Same price

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:03 am
The evenflow one is actually heavier than the doona but the wheels can be detached to make it lighter.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:25 am
Rappel wrote:
In your arms?

No, babies are not supposed to be in our arms all day. And unless you don't have anything else to do or any other responsibilities besides for holding the baby, it's not really possible.
Babies can be in stroller, crib, swing, carrier...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics