Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do yeshivish put toddlers in sandals?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:47 am
Just curious if rw yeshivish put their toddlers in sandals where the toes are out. I have been noticing that even when it’s very hot some don’t put their kids in those and wondering if it’s for tznius/anti sporty reasons. To me the more yeshivish looking tend not to but wondering why that is

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:56 am
I am yeshivish in NY, and yes, my toddlers wear sandals. My 4.5 year old dd also wears sandals without socks.

As far as your title, there is no rule that "all" yeshivish people do. Also majority of people are not concerned about tznius in toddlers ( honestly this thread seems similar to the other one going on about tznius in a 2.5 year old)

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:08 pm
Feet get dirtier in sandals, and less protection
Against hurting feet, stubbing toes.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:09 pm
Under 3, yes. But I prefer that they wear sneakers.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:10 pm
I don't like open toe sandals for safety reasons. Nothing to do with my place on the frumkeit spectrum. 😉

devorah1231

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:27 pm
I try to treat my children the way I treat myself and I find it very uncomfortable to wear footwear with no socks except for fuzzy slippers or Crocs.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:33 pm
I’m chassidish and it is considered not classy to put a child barefoot in sandals. With socks, they look more put together aka more dressed up.
I see many non jewish children walking around with no socks in sandals.

bsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:42 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't like open toe sandals for safety reasons. Nothing to do with my place on the frumkeit spectrum. 😉

Same. Ouch

amother
Heather

amother Puce wrote:
I’m chassidish and it is considered not classy to put a child barefoot in sandals. With socks, they look more put together aka more dressed up.

I'm chassidish too and I don't know what you're talking about. The point of sandals is to wear them without socks.

bsy

amother Puce wrote:

Just saying, sandals with socks is considered a huge fashion no no outside your circles.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Puce wrote:

I'm chassidish and my toddlers wear sandals without socks. I think it looks perfectly classy

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:43 pm
I love the look of little kids in sandals. Unfortunately my kids dont like the way it feels

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:47 pm
amother Puce wrote:

May I ask why you feel it necessary for a young child to look "dressed up" for playing on a hot summer day?

Highstrung

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:55 pm
bsy wrote:
Just saying, sandals with socks is considered a huge fashion no no outside your circles.

https://nocoldfeet.co/blogs/ne.....-okay

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:06 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I'm chassidish too and I don't know what you're talking about. The point of sandals is to wear them without socks.

I was just going to say this.

bsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:09 pm
Highstrung wrote:
https://nocoldfeet.co/blogs/news/socks-with-sandals-are-they-ever-okay

The fact that this is worthy of an article shows it has not been just a normal accepted thing for many years....

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:09 pm
I haaaaaate sandals with socks or tights. It comes with naked toesies.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:46 pm
I live in Israel in a yeshivish area. All the kids wear open toe sandals with socks/tights until about age 10. Without socks/tights I've only seen more dati leumi.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:52 pm
Rw MO I don’t wear (open toe) sandals and don’t put my kids in them. I don’t like the look. In summer to camp
They wear (close toed) sports sandals (no socks)

giftedmom

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 1:56 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I'm chassidish and my toddlers wear sandals without socks. I think it looks perfectly classy

Same. I think it looks adorable. My toddlers always get these cute tan lines on their little feet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics