Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Any overnight babysitters in Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 8:36 pm
Is there even such a thing??

I'm desperate to get Away with dh for a little but have no where to place our kids.
Obviously I'll do lots of research on her before, but is overnight babysitting even a thing? To move in for a few days...

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:00 pm
Can u hire teenage girls you know & trust. I've done it for a neighbor as a teen

kerem

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:36 pm
There are several options in Boro Park.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 1:41 am
Don’t send to overnight sitters. That’s very traumatic for your little ones. Hire someone you know well in your house.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:15 am
I would have someone move in to me, and obviously do my research. There's noone that I know of that would do it.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:52 am
I would imagine it would be hard to find someone. You would need to find someone that didn’t have a family of her own who needed her at the time, was young and/or energetic to care for your little ones yet experienced enough to be responsible and independent. Someone who also doesn’t have too much responsibility during the day that she can be available at all the times you need (morning and afternoon) and if she gets little sleep it is OK. She also needs to either care enough about you personally to take on such a responsibility or need money enough to be interested in doing such a job.
You best bet is probably a 35 yo who is divorced and who’s xDH has the kids that week, and who is available because she is between jobs at this time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics