Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Air entering bottle when feeding baby

tova4

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 3:01 pm
Hi, I grew up in the US, but I live in Israel now. I remember from parenting my siblings that we were always warned to make sure the baby doesn't swallow any air when bottle feeding them - thus the bottle should be held higher up so that the formula enters the baby's mouth and not air.
Now here in Israel I was told by the nurse of טיפת חלב and by a nurse at the בית החלמה that the correct way to bottle-feed my baby is to have the nipple be half filled with formula and half with air, and that swallowing air is really no problem.
However my family back in the US thinks this is crazy.
any advice about what is going?? and what the truth is??

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 3:15 pm
Its paced bottle feeding and really is good for the baby. The tip of the nipple is a tiny tiny hole, baby isn't swallowing any more air this way than the other way.
I also grew up like you and thought it was crazy when I first heard of it. But I bottle fed 3 babies this way bh. They're fine. I liked that I was able to feed on demand and not pouring formula down their throats the other way.
I would suggest looking it up on YouTube to learn more about it or reaching out to a lactation consultant who can help you with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics