Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
When does summer “end” this year?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 5:58 pm
When will most people with start packing out of the Catskills this year? Is it an earlier than usual summer? Looking to get away upstate but the only time available for my family would be after August 20th. We don’t want to go if places are starting to close up shop after 2-3 days. Any input is appreciated!!

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:14 pm
That’s probably when many people are heading back because lots of boys yeshivas begin by Rosh Chodesh Elul. My son begins on 8/23. We’re only free to go away after 8/11 but I would want to be home by 8/21 so my son can get ready for school.
One year we came up to the country when many people left. They had been there since the beginning of the summer so they were ready to leave as soon as it was Elul. We still had a great time. Although the country was emptying out there were still families there. Basically people who didn’t need to get back for their boys to begin yeshiva. Stores were still open in town and I think we enjoyed because it wasn’t so crowded.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics