Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
RYNJ - Please tell me everything!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 10:09 am
Hi,

I am looking into sending my children to this school(of various ages, from 2nd grader to 7th grader).
I would love to hear anything you are comfortable sharing - the good, the not-ideal, etc.

Here are some specific questions, but no need to stick to these.

1) Our family is probably JPF (just plain frum). We are serious about our learning and our kids' learning. We are professionals. We don't care much about (what we consider to be) externalities, such as sleeve length or doing things just because they're the done thing, but we are friends with and related to all kinds of Jews (ie. super frum Chassidish and LWMO). We aim to always stick to our standards and respect others' higher standards.

Based on this - do you think we will fit in here?

2) Are students generally known to be kind and welcoming? I feel this is not a keeping-up-with-the-Joneses sort of school - am I correct?

And if you commute from Monsey:

1) We live in Monsey. Will my children feel completely isolated and left out of playdates, or do many students commute from here and from places other than Teaneck? Practically speaking, how does this work?

2) With regard to commuting to school, is there a Monsey school bus? Can you please give me any details you can, ie. do your children find the commute excessively long, is there one meeting point for a bus, and what happens if your children start/end at different times?

Thank you so much for ANY details you can provide.

* I would like to stay anonymous at this point for privacy reasons, but if you prefer DMing me, then I will reconsider.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 11:07 am
Hi! I’m actually a teacher at RYNJ and send my kids here. I’m very happy with the education they are getting. At this point I’m more familiar with the lower school viewpoint. The principals are very dedicated and the curriculum is always being worked on and updated to help better the students. It is a studious school but for kids with learning troubles, there are bergen county support teachers as well as learning center teachers for every class that either have push in or pull out support.
There is a monsey bus and I have a few monsey students every year. It does seem they are in the lesser category as opposed to Teaneck or Bergenfield but there are still definitely a good amount.
In terms of gashmius from what I hear my students talk about and what my kids talk about at home, there is little mention of comparing and name brands. The dress code only allows plain colored shirts and skirts or collared shirts so it’s not really a competition. There are definitely richer families who have gorgeous huge homes but there are also more modest families as well.
Hashgafically it’s RWMO and almost every mom covers her hair and wears only skirts but the parents are working in professional careers.
Like any school there are behavioral issues but the teachers and admin try to handle them to the best of their ability and work with the parents.
Hope this helps!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 1:09 pm
Thank you so much for your response. It's definitely helpful.

Bumping this because I would still love to hear from other posters in the know.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 6:14 pm
Bumping again....

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 9:13 pm
Bump

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 5:32 pm
Absolutely awesome school
Cant praise it enough Very Happy

HOWEVER, my son went there when he was 8, now hes 25

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:24 am
Following. How is it going for those who sent there?Anyone else have experience with this school ? Where do the boys tend to go for high school?

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 6:51 am
I have boys there, very happy with the learni g and the support for those that need it. Just letting you since you bring up standards, it is RWMO so while it is right, it is still MO, so kids there are absolutely familiar with general pop culture and stuff (though definitely more sheltered within that). There is a Monsey bus, so you'll be in good company. My kids are friendly with the Monsey kids, but yeah, they don't interact super much outside of school except for birthday parties.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics