Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Reasons to use a travel agent?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 7:29 pm
Looking to go overseas to visit family. Am pretty flexible, so looking for cheap.

I called a travel agent, and first they told me a flight that was a few hundred higher than
I had seen. I had to argue that I has seen better and point to the flight. Ok they found it.

But apparently there's a fee on top of the fare.

What benefits am I getting for paying that fee for a flight I found?

Will they help me later if there are problems with my flight?

STovah

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 7:50 pm
I use travel agents when I book international flights but I never paid a fee. I can actually see the fares they book online when I search on my own but I prefer to use a travel agent in case any issues come up. if I would need to pay extra for that I probably would just book by myself.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 7:55 pm
STovah wrote:
I use travel agents when I book international flights but I never paid a fee. I can actually see the fares they book online when I search on my own but I prefer to use a travel agent in case any issues come up. if I would need to pay extra for that I probably would just book by myself.

Hmmmm.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:18 pm
ppl use them for the service. If there is any problem, they will help you. Imagine standing in the airport and you find yourself not being able to check in for whatever reason. Rather than having to deal with all the frusteration they are a call away, ready to help you...

Yolo

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:24 pm
Travel agents are amazing when it comes to flight delays/cancelations etc... The whole headache is on them and they sort you out. All your needs are taken care of. No need to shop around for travel insurance deals or all the extras. The whole experience is easy and you just leave the booking and travel responsibilities all upto them. This is why the price is higher because you pay for this service.

essie14

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 7:51 am
I have had so many flight issues which my travel agent was able to rectify for me.
Once, El Al pilots went on strike the day I was supposed to fly and my travel agent was able to immediately get me on a different airline. I didn't have to do a thing. That was invaluable.

I have had other issues with a partner airline not honoring my status, even though the ticket was booked on the airline where I have benefits and they charged me for luggage when I was entitled to a free bag. At the counter I had no choice but to pay for the bag, but all I had to do was send 1 email to my travel agent and he got me a refund. I could have been on the phone for hours just to speak to some customer service agent who wouldn't even have been able to issue the refund.

These are just 2 instances, I have more! Travel agents are worth their weight in gold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics