Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone dealt with recurrent UTI in toddler and pain

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 10:04 am
My baby had a few UTI’s …. We’ve been through tests vcug and renal sonogram and everything’s ok. Since she was a baby she would cry or show major uncomfortable when wiped there. The vcug test was very traumatic and I wonder if that did something to her… but that test was last year. She still now often complains boo boo even at times when it’s not red at all. I went back to the urologist and they told me to give a laxative for two weeks bec she was compacted in an X-ray and that can cause UTI’s in girls.
I feel like I’m missing something, I don’t think it’s normal for my child to wince when you change her or to cry boo boo…. Also she goes through times where if she’s in a high chair or booster she’ll move as if touching self, which I noticed was worse before a UTI was positive. What is going on???? My babysitter even mentioned to me something doesn’t seem right she complains boo boo down there a lot . Any suggestions besides the urologist, I wasn’t too pleased there

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 1:43 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:58 am
Bump

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 12:46 pm
OP I remember your other posts. I don’t have any advice for you, but I just want to encourage you to follow your gut. See another urologist, keep pushing for more testing, maybe see a gynecologist (!) or a nephrologist? If nobody has answers for you, maybe try something alternative like chiropractic or kinesiology. Don’t give up until you have answers you’re satisfied with.

oneofakind

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 1:22 pm
Maybe there is a tiny wound that hasn't healed?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:14 pm
I appreciate so much your responses . I wish someone would guide me, like is there a pediatric gynecologist???

werty

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 11:37 pm
Can she be dehydrated?
I find that when my kids haven't drunk enough they complain it hurts down there. I give them a cup of water and bH it passes.
Also give a warm bath

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:29 pm
Thank you… she’s not dehydrated
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics