Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Boys yeshiva Day Camp Price
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 2:26 pm
My sons school in Lakewood is charging $450 for school camp. Its for 3 weeks minus the last friday. Wondering what other schools are charging, this doesn't seem fair. This is without busing.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:20 pm
ours is charging 300 and its not optional
My son hates every minute of school camp so even that seems a lot to me...

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:25 pm
Last year was $250.
Dk yet how much it is this year. It's outrageously priced and mandatory, very upsetting!
It should be included in the tuition price just like everything else. Why is it a separate charge?

mha3484

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:29 pm
I was complaining about the separate charge when our yeshiva started summer session and and my friend told me that if its a separate fee you can take a tax deduction as its child care vs folding it into tuition where you cant and a lot of people want that.

Our fee is based off the activities and trips planned so I assume that it explains why some schools cost more and some less.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:50 pm
mine is charging the same wonder if it's the same yeshiva
it's ridiculous. I never sent my older boys they stayed home.
now I send my younger boys but they give me a big discount I can't afford it

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:54 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Last year was $250.
Dk yet how much it is this year. It's outrageously priced and mandatory, very upsetting!
It should be included in the tuition price just like everything else. Why is it a separate charge?

They have trips , shows, supplies for games outdoors , etc , of course it costs extra

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:37 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
They have trips , shows, supplies for games outdoors , etc , of course it costs extra

1- I didn't think it shouldn't cost, I think it should be included in tuition. Raise tuition if they have to.
2- comes out to over $10/hour and per kid.
I don't think it cost that much to entertain boys and if it does, it's poor management.
Most afternoons are spent playing ball. They usually go on one trip.

keym

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:42 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
1- I didn't think it shouldn't cost, I think it should be included in tuition. Raise tuition if they have to.
I don't think it cost that much to entertain boys and if it does, it's poor management.

My school usually charges around 250/300 (depending on the year and how many days it is) per boy but it includes summer bussing.
BOE bussing only goes until June 30.

So I guess even though it's expensive, I can understand

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:45 pm
Regular day camp out of Lakewood is $1400 for
The summer plus regular tuition. $350 is a dream. The no bus- nightmare though

keym

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:49 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Regular day camp out of Lakewood is $1400 for
The summer plus regular tuition. $350 is a dream. The no bus- nightmare though

This is not daycamp.
This is Cheder Camp.
Boys have regular kodesh the morning (for first half) and instead of English, they have sports, shows, crafts, swimming, maybe a trip.

Boys tuition is significantly more expensive (compare 9k to 7k) because boys schools have that extra month of school.
So on top of that 9k tuition, they also charge $250-400 for the camp program.
And second half, we still have to do daycamp (especially if we're working parents) that cost average $800 per child.

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:55 pm
keym wrote:
This is not daycamp.
This is Cheder Camp.
Boys have regular kodesh the morning (for first half) and instead of English, they have sports, shows, crafts, swimming, maybe a trip.

Boys tuition is significantly more expensive (compare 9k to 7k) because boys schools have that extra month of school.
So on top of that 9k tuition, they also charge $250-400 for the camp program.
And second half, we still have to do daycamp (especially if we're working parents) that cost average $800 per child.

Oh! This is only for the month of July? I thought August.

keym

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:58 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Oh! This is only for the month of July? I thought August.

Nooo.
August daycamp runs between $800-1200 depending on the age and which camp.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 4:59 pm
I don’t think ds’s school sent out the prices yet. His school makes it optional but what would I do with him the whole afternoon otherwise? At least it’s cheaper than the real camps. Sigh …

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:01 pm
If it makes anyone feel better, I'm yeshivish in Brooklyn, my yeshivish RW boys school charges approx $12000 tuition for 10 month school. Day camp is approx 1900.
I'm always amazed how much cheaper everything is in Lakewood-boys tuition, girls tuition, day camp, playgroups, babysitters etc. If I could get my kids into school I would move in a second.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:02 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
What do you gain from them folding the fee into tuition?

keym

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:02 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
If it makes anyone feel better, I'm yeshivish in Brooklyn, my yeshivish RW boys school charges approx $12000 tuition for 10 month school. Day camp is approx 1900.
I'm always amazed how much cheaper everything is in Lakewood-boys tuition, girls tuition, day camp, playgroups, babysitters etc. If I could get my kids into school I would move in a second.

1900 for 1 half or 2?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
1900 just for July?

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:05 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
1900 just for July?

1900 for 36 days of camp (7.5 weeks minus days off for fast days)

Just to add there are 3 weeks that they are home and I will have to figure out what to do with them-1 week between school and camp and 2 weeks between camp and school. so even with exorbitant school tuition and day camp tuition there is significant time when parents have to either miss work or pay for childcare

keym

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:10 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
1900 for 36 days of camp (7.5 weeks minus days off for fast days)

I'm paying $820 for 4 weeks (19 days because we don't have on Tisha Bav).
My son's are younger. If they were older, I'd pay up to 1200 for those 19 days.

Then an additional $300 (or so I didn't get exact numbers) for 2 hours a day for 3 weeks (but really only 9 days because not the last day of school and not shiva asar btamuz)
The rest of the day is part of my tuition payment which is why boys are more expensive than girls tuition

mha3484

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:19 pm
I am paying almost the same as keym. 800 for my two younger boys and my older son is $1200. Last year scamp was $450 a boy. So no matter where you live I think it all evens out in the end to a pretty similar amount.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries