Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Anyone feel me?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:36 pm
I really wanted to go see the bonfires tonight with my husband. But we couldn’t find a babysitter. I thought we could just wake up my 15 month old and go. But I can’t bear to wake him up. I feel like the streets are full of wonderful moms and their babies but I just can’t do it, even though it’s just one night. Am I being an over protective mom?

giftedmom

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:37 pm
I dunno mine will be up til 12 so someone will probably take her. I remember those days.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:37 pm
I stayed home too cuz want my kids to sleep normally tonight. But if he's really sound asleep, shouldn't he be able to sleep in the stroller?

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:40 pm
I would never wake a sleeping 15mo. But I was never that desperate to go to a bonfire.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:42 pm
If you really want to go output the baby in the carriage paci and blanket go enjoy.
I'm past that stage happy to have house quiet with little ones sleeping and peaceful house. ..I have time to relax,read, and daven teens come home safely

hodeez

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:15 pm
I'm letting my kids sleep tonight and taking them to a 630pm bonfire tomorrow iyh

tichellady

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:22 pm
I would definitely not wake my baby for that. seems unfair to him unless he is great at falling back asleep

amother
Iris

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:39 pm
When I was younger I was so careful about my kids schedule. Whenever their schedules had to be messed up, I was stressed out. My kids went to sleep before the Shabbos meal, stayed home from simchos, and didn't get to stay out late on summer afternoons.

Over time I learned how to relax a bit. Nothing will happen if they are a bit off schedule and tired the next day. Kids are more flexible than we think and a once in a while late night won't hurt them. Building family memories is more important than being in bed at 7:00pm. I'm still not a chilled mom, but I'll go to the park at 5:30 pm even though I know it means they will get to bed a bit late. It's not easy for me to keep calm when I see the clock ticking, but overall I am so much happier this way.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:42 pm
amother Iris wrote:
When I was younger I was so careful about my kids schedule. Whenever their schedules had to be messed up, I was stressed out. My kids went to sleep before the Shabbos meal, stayed home from simchos, and didn't get to stay out late on summer afternoons.

Over time I learned how to relax a bit. Nothing will happen if they are a bit off schedule and tired the next day. Kids are more flexible than we think and a once in a while late night won't hurt them. Building family memories is more important than being in bed at 7:00pm. I'm still not a chilled mom, but I'll go to the park at 5:30 pm even though I know it means they will get to bed a bit late. It's not easy for me to keep calm when I see the clock ticking, but overall I am so much happier this way.

her baby is 15 months. not a 2 year old who will remember. theres no valid excuse for waking up a 15 month old and taking them out to look at bonfires

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:51 pm
tichellady wrote:
I would definitely not wake my baby for that. seems unfair to him unless he is great at falling back asleep

Ok, that’s the way I feel too.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:55 pm
It's a valid excuse-mom really wants to go out. Baby is 15 months old what will happen if she is in the carriage while her parents have a nice time???

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:57 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
I would never wake a sleeping 15mo. But I was never that desperate to go to a bonfire.

I live near Boro Park and I find the bonfires to be really uplifting and spiritual.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
It's a valid excuse-mom really wants to go out. Baby is 15 months old what will happen if she is in the carriage while her parents have a nice time???

Because shes a mother now which comes with responsibilities. Why should her baby be woken up?
If I want to go out to get a slice of pizza with dh should I wake up my 14 mo so I can eat?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I stayed home too cuz want my kids to sleep normally tonight. But if he's really sound asleep, shouldn't he be able to sleep in the stroller?

From past experience (ie early morning flights), I know my baby gets wide awake when I take him out of his crib and doesn’t fall back asleep in the stroller.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:03 pm
Yes by all means go for pizza with 14month old! Unless baby will be miserable screaming whole time.. 14 month old will be just fine! ..and may even enjoy the outing!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:04 pm
I just want to clarify I’m not a young mom, just a new mom!

tichellady

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:07 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:

mom can go out and leave the baby with dad. anyways I don't think it's terrible to take the baby it's just not what I would do and the op asked if anyone can relate. I'm not a stickler to a schedule at all but I'm not gonna wake up my sleeping child to go out for fun. I might delay bedtime but that's different from waking a sleeping child

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:52 pm
No one here went to any bonfires tonight. DH is not into that kind of thing. Anyway, preteen DS was too busy kvetching about how unfair his life that I think he totally forgot about the bonfires. They're having one in school tomorrow anyway. I feel guilty that I should have told him to go out and maybe that would have distracted him from his kvetching, but I was pretty busy with things that needed to get done.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:55 pm
Leave sleeping baby with Dh and go out yourself.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:35 am
Everyone in our community went to the bonfires, with their kids. They started a little before 8. My kids (2 and 4 months) were both done at 7 and asleep at 7:30. There will be a time when it'll be enjoyable for them, but it wasn't this year.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics