Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toys for young toddler

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:03 am
Just turned one.

He's not interested in his baby toys anymore. He is very interested in tissue boxes, kitchen cabinets, and toilets lol.

Which basic toys do you recommend I get? I already have blocks, cars, ring stacker..

LittleDucky

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:07 am
Magna tiles/playmags. Or a brand off amazon... just check it is compatible with one name/main brand so all your pieces work together. I bought some off brand magnatiles once and love them. You can't tell the difference (and they fit with our magnatile brand ones) but my wallet sure can...

ittsamother

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:09 am
I actually bought a toy tissue box with silk scarves and crackly fake tissues for him to stuff in and pull out!

I also made lots of toys out of household stuff. Like a box with a hole, and a bowl of random household stuff, for him to stick them in and pull them out. Also, a muffin pan with various smallish toys (not small enough to eat, dw) and he likes sticking them in the holes of the pan.

If you're on Instagram check out the play at home mummy, she has a million great ideas for babies and toddlers.

https://instagram.com/play_at_.....2YQ==

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:13 am
LittleDucky wrote:
Magna tiles/playmags. Or a brand off amazon... just check it is compatible with one name/main brand so all your pieces work together. I bought some off brand magnatiles once and love them. You can't tell the difference (and they fit with our magnatile brand ones) but my wallet sure can...

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:14 am
ittsamother wrote:
I actually bought a toy tissue box with silk scarves and crackly fake tissues for him to stuff in and pull out!

I also made lots of toys out of household stuff. Like a box with a hole, and a bowl of random household stuff, for him to stick them in and pull them out. Also, a muffin pan with various smallish toys (not small enough to eat, dw) and he likes sticking them in the holes of the pan.

If you're on Instagram check out the play at home mummy, she has a million great ideas for babies and toddlers.

https://instagram.com/play_at_.....2YQ==

Thank you! The muffin tin is a great idea, he'll love that

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Just turned one.

He's not interested in his baby toys anymore. He is very interested in tissue boxes, kitchen cabinets, and toilets lol.

Which basic toys do you recommend I get? I already have blocks, cars, ring stacker..

Toy dishes and mentchies

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:18 am
giftedmom wrote:
Toy dishes and mentchies

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics