Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Is a double stroller a must have
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:17 pm
IYH my son will be 2 when I have a baby
Do I NEED a double stroller?
Can I just buy a buggy board for my single stroller?
Or is a double stroller a must have with 2 kids

kenz

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:22 pm
Depends on your 2 year old and whether he will be ok not being able to sit or fall asleep in the stroller. Also depends on how much you use it. I think 2 is young for a buggy board.

happy chick

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:24 pm
if youre going to be doing long walks or be out long, its the best thing. a 2 yr old can get tired and then wont want to stand/sit.

effess

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:24 pm
Not a must
Infants in baby carrier with toddler in stroller is the easiest way to get around vs. toddler on board

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:26 pm
a must for me. we use it all the time and my kids are almost 2 and almost 5

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:29 pm
I have that age difference and it was def needed. 2 is young for the skateboard and it's a lot to juggle. You can prob get away with a carrier/single in the very beginning, but once the baby is too heavy for wearing, you'll prob want the double.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:30 pm
My son was quite young when I had my second child. Didn't get a double and I don't regret it. I suggest, start out with a buggy board as you'll need that anyways. You end up using it forsure on walks to shorter distances, or a quick run to the grocery. And if u won't use it much now you'll end up using it more in a few months. So I say get one, see how it works out. If you feel u need your older child in a stroller them you'll get a double.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:40 pm
It’s a must for me. I go out a lot and would rather the kid sit comfy with shade over his head then sit on a flimsy support-less seat while sticking my back out wheeling a heavy carriage

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:42 pm
It depends where you live and if you walk a lot.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:52 pm
Also consider how your toddler will be safely buckled in the stroller & comfy vs you needing to keep a hand on him & him being more cranky if you're out long. I definitely vote for a double stroller. You can look for a quality stroller second hand.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 7:06 pm
Its not the money...its that theyre so bulky and I have a small apartment. I would need it for my husband to walk them to babysitter in the morning 5-10 min walk, and for walks on shabbos or sunday...

Aronov

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 7:20 pm
I have 3 kids, all 1 and a half years apart beli ayin hara, and I never used or brought a double stoller.
My kids walk by 2 years old and we have a buggy board that they loved standing on.
Also just mentioning, we walk everywhere.
I don't drive.
Double strollers take a lot of space in the apartment. They are also heavier to push and harder to get around with in grocery stores.

Rabbit613

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 11:57 pm
I don't think it's necessary. Do you have a small travel type stroller for once in a while when you want to go on a longer walk with another person?

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:08 am
amother OP wrote:
IYH my son will be 2 when I have a baby
Do I NEED a double stroller?
Can I just buy a buggy board for my single stroller?
Or is a double stroller a must have with 2 kids

Yes
Yes
Yes
Btdt
Yesss
You need a double stroller

salt

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:31 am
I had a 19 month gap - I never had a double stroller.
I took my baby in a baby-pouch.
And then used a buggy board when older one got a bit bigger.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:32 am
Definitely! Unless you're definitely done having kids, and even then it's good to have the option right now. Get the lightest most compact fold-up option.

https://www.leanhawford.top/Pr.....83.88

(Website looks sketchy but this sort of thing!)

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:49 am
Depends. Is he a fresh 2 year old or closer to 2.5 or 3?

A few months can make a huge difference.

I would probably get one for a 2 year age gap but not for anything more than 2.5 considering most children don't use strollers past the age of 3.25.

SG18

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 1:58 am
I used a carrier all of the time at the beginning (first 3 months) and had toddler in the stroller. I still do this when we go out for meals Friday night and she's too tired to stand. Otherwise, we use buggy board. She loves feeling like she's pushing the stroller, and baby can sleep. She can also walk, if she wants to.
No way I would get a double. I want to encourage her to walk more, not less, and I don't have space for another bulky stroller.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 4:24 am
I thought I wouldn't need one so I bought a cheap second hand one. As soon as baby arrived, big sis insisted on sitting in the stroller again and we use it all the time.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 4:30 am
Never had one. My kids are all 2-3 years apart. I was a very big wrap carrier user so my babies were never in the stroller. I just used a maclaren umbrella stroller for the toddler as needed (yes, I know I'm dating myself here lol, my kids are teenagers or older now)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics