Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Is there a way to download Microsoft Word for free?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 8:02 am
I’m so used to using it but I got a new computer and there is no word.
It’s expensive!
Anyone know of a free version?

mushkamothers

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 8:12 am
Google docs

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 8:15 am
mushkamothers wrote:
Google docs

I actually tried that but it’s very frustrating.
It does not allow me to make format changes easily. Also after I printed something, it deleted the document. I probably just don’t know how to use it…
After trying to use google docs I became frustrated which is why I want Microsoft Word.

Amarante

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 9:57 am
How extensively do you use Word? Is it for work or just for casual correspondence.

If you need it for work and actually use some of the advanced features then it really makes sense to bite the bullet and pay for Word. If it is for work it is a tax deduction anyway.

I used Word for many years and when I upgraded my computer my version of word no longer worked with the chip. I used LibreOffice for awhile and found it to be relatively close to Word but eventually went back to Word because my company licensed a copy for me to use on my home computer.

I have never used googledocs so don't know how it compares. Libreoffice has been around for years and is part of the open software movement in which multiple developers work on it as a community endeavor

1) LibreOffice

Best for all types of firms to compose and edit word processing, spreadsheets, database, and other documents for free.

LibreOffice

LibreOffice is a free and open-source Office Suite. The software supports most of the features you can find in paid word processing software including MS Word Office. The Office Suite includes word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, database, flowcharts, and formula editing apps.

Features:

Compatible with MS Windows 7+, macOS 10.10+, Linux kernel 3.10+, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Haiku, Solaris, and AmigaOS
Open MS Office documents
Customize user interface
Export to PDF
Verdict: LibreOffice is by far the best open-source office suite. It supports a large number of documents. Schools, corporations, and government entities use the software all over the world.

Price: Free

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics