Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bed Wetting

Ozmom

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 2:40 am
My son still pishes at night

we try taking him to the toilet before going to sleep but it has to be pretty late to work and we don't always go to sleep late and he doesn't like being woken

I am trying to get him to drink more to teach his bladder to hold more water but he is in school during the day and even when he is at home I forget.

has anyone tried the alarm thing?
does it work?
also I heard there is a nasal spray does anyone know anything about it?

the nappies cost a fortune and the washing is becoming a hassle and he is getting a bit too old for it I think.

Last edited by Ozmom on Sun, Aug 07 2005, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 8:43 am
my sister in law had the alarm thing-- it sensed when she was starting to get wet and it woke her up ,it helped.

or maybe he shouldnt drink after a certain time at night...

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 8:54 am
ive seen the nasal spray and the alarm with a whole program of "DAN the fireman," and nothing worked. it just stopped when the kid grew out of it. I think boys take longer than girls in this, but im not sure. I also think each kid is different, so what might not have worked here might work for you.

rydys

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 12:59 pm
The alarm is the best. It works very well--but only if the child really wants to stop. The nasal spray (DDAVP) will help but only while he is using it--it doesn't treat the source of the problem, only causes the body to make less urine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training