Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Do people not know this?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:00 pm
You walk against the traffic. That means you walk on the side of the road where all the cars coming are facing you

You ride your bike and scooters with traffic that means you’re going the same direction as the cars

It is so crazy how many people and how many children are doing this wrong and how unsafe it is.

Please teach your children the correct way to walk and ride!! This was basic knowledge my father taught me from when I was a child.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:08 pm
It scares me that the law for bikes and scooters is not same as for pedestrians.
I feel it’s harder to notice bikes and scooters riding alongside you to your right, rather than those coming towards you.
So for example, if someone is making a right turn, they may ch”v not notice that there is a bike riding along them on the shoulder that will be in their path as they turn..is it clear?
Even aside from that-anyone walking, scootering or biking is in a more vulnerable position than in a car; so they really need the advantage of seeing traffic driving towards them; that’s my take, anyway.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:15 pm
Yesss!
Another thing… do people not know how 4 way stop signs work??
You don’t take turns one at a time. The opposites go at the same time. Sometimes I feel like Lakewood traffic would be cleared if people used 4 way stop signs correctly, allowed left turns every other, and knew right of way

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:16 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Yesss!
You don’t take turns one at a time. The opposites go at the same time. Sometimes I feel like Lakewood traffic would be cleared if people used 4 way stop signs correctly, allowed left turns every other, and knew right of way

4 way stop signs go according to who got to the stop sign first. But yes you can go straight if other side also going straight.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Yesss!
No that’s not how 4 way stops work Smile

But op is correct about pedestrians and bikes.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
No that’s not how 4 way stops work Smile

But op is correct about pedestrians and bikes.

It is according to the drivers Ed I took when I got my license
When the person across from you goes, the. You have right of way unless they are making a left turn
Of course the first to arrive goes, that goes without saying. But when they go, you go

amother
Stone

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
It is according to the drivers Ed I took when I got my license
When the person across from you goes, the. You have right of way unless they are making a left turn
Of course the first to arrive goes, that goes without saying. But when they go, you go

Only if you both get there at the same
Time. 4 way stop signs are essentially first come first serve. The rest of the rules are when multiple
People stop at the line at the same time.

Bikes and scooters are moving object so if they collide with a vehicle moving in the opposite direction the impact is much stronger than If they collide while traveling in the same direction
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries