Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I don't care anymore

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:06 am
Been having some interesting times at work, and it's just been really hard to care about things anymore. I'm IYH going on maternity leave (probably not coming back) soon and it can't come soon enough. How do I survive without getting fired? I would leave in a heartbeat but DH lost his job and is in the process of looking for another one.
Going in every day is a major struggle. I'm very burned out in my field and have already promised myself that when I'm ready to go back to work, I'll be looking for a different field.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Been having some interesting times at work, and it's just been really hard to care about things anymore. I'm IYH going on maternity leave (probably not coming back) soon and it can't come soon enough. How do I survive without getting fired? I would leave in a heartbeat but DH lost his job and is in the process of looking for another one.
Going in every day is a major struggle. I'm very burned out in my field and have already promised myself that when I'm ready to go back to work, I'll be looking for a different field.

ETA: It's FT

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:20 am
If you need a good review or good reference or whatever then you hang in there and do the job. I'd quit if I could afford to. In the meantime just count down the days and do at least your job description.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:26 am
As an employer, it's really unfair to continue working when your heart isn't in it and you're just passing time. If you are being paid, you have a responsibility to your employer to do your best. I would consider it gezel to take a paycheck if you aren't doing the job properly.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:28 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
As an employer, it's really unfair to continue working when your heart isn't in it and you're just passing time. If you are being paid, you have a responsibility to your employer to do your best. I would consider it gezel to take a paycheck if you aren't doing the job properly.

This exactly. You are an adult. You don't need to enjoy everything you do. If you want to get paid, do the job. If you don't need the money then quit.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:28 am
amother Dustypink wrote:

Then, as an employer, you have every right to stop paying me. I'm asking for coping mechanisms.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:29 am
amother Dustypink wrote:

She didn’t say she’s not giving it her all. I would venture to guess that most people don’t fully invest themselves in their job. T Bh ye work because they have to. Maybe they don’t love their job, but this is the job they have so they do their job but don’t necessarily give it all their heart. I don’t think that’s stealing.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:30 am
amother OP wrote:
Then, as an employer, you have every right to stop paying me. I'm asking for coping mechanisms.

Bribe yourself with ordering a delicious lunch every day

ETA can you start taking off for disability already?

zaq

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:30 am
Don't do anything rash or burn any bridges. With dh out of work you need a job. Late pregnancy is a tough time physically and emotionally, and after you recover from childbirth you may feel differently about your present job. If not, you will still have lost nothing by toughing it out the last weeks.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:31 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
This exactly. You are an adult. You don't need to enjoy everything you do. If you want to get paid, do the job. If you don't need the money then quit.

I absolutely need the money but would also like to not slip into depression at the same time.

naomi2

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:31 am
Play music for yourself at work
Order nice lunch or coffees
Phone a friend to schmooze on your lunch break

amother
Banana

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:12 am
Maybe relax your schedule a bit.
Rather come a little late so that you can do a better job while you're in.

amother
Banana

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:13 am
Doing a good job has nothing to do with caring...
It's a moral obligation...

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:22 am
amother Dustypink wrote:

All this is well and good if an employer treats employees well and pays them fairly.
Some employers are absolute nightmares.
OP hasn't told us exactly what her challenges at work are, but I just want to point out that a successful employer/employee relationship goes both ways. Most people would find it extremely difficult to remain motivated and devoted to an unpleasant boss. I'm not saying that slacking off is right, but at the end of the day, people are human.

greenteaorange

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:24 am
You have to stay. You need money and your not going to find another job while super pregnant
Also are you able to get any sort of maternity leave or even disability money? In that case it’s good to think about the money you’ll be getting by staying at the job for a few more months/ weeks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics