Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
54" platform beds.

PBY

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:15 am
I have 48" mattress and I would love to buy platform beds with a headboard.
Does anyone have 54" platform beds with 48" mattress?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:53 am
You could put the narrower mattress on the wider platform, but why would you? It would look awkward, the mattress would slide around, and you'd eat up six inches of floor space per bed without gaining any extra sleeping area. Did you get free 54-inch headboards or something?

PBY

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:39 am
I really want to upgrade and get bigger beds. But I have really nice linen sets for my 48" beds and I feel like it'll be a waste of money to buy new linen.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 12:12 pm
Why can't you simply do things straight, iow put money aside until you have enough to buy both wider beds and the linens to fit? Sure, you could buy the platforms and now and replace the mattresses and linens later, but why do that?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 1:44 pm
PBY wrote:
I really want to upgrade and get bigger beds. But I have really nice linen sets for my 48" beds and I feel like it'll be a waste of money to buy new linen.
You can donate the linens.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 2:19 pm
PBY wrote:

Only the fitted sheets can't be used.

Depending on what the rest of your sets are like you can just use plain fitted sheets and mix and match. I have different pillow cases as I don't like having lots of pillows that aren't actually slept on so I get decorative cases for my actual pillows.

PBY

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 7:13 pm
Thanks for all the responses. I have 48" beds now without headboards and I'd love to uograde to 54".
My calculation is that I want the platform beds with headboards now and I don't want to pay the premium from a Jewish store to buy 48". I can buy 54" platform beds now but I dont want to spend the extra $2,000 to buy new mattresses and linen now if its not so big a deal to have the extra 6 inches of space.
Also it's for my master bedroom so no one would really see it. I just don't want to buy them if it'll be annoying and won't work well.

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 8:55 pm
If you are in NY/NJ the frum furniture stores have 48" platform beds...i.e.Katz in Lakewood and Taubus in Brooklyn (and they deliver to many places in rhe area as well)

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:44 pm
I had 48" mattresses on 54" platform beds for a few weeks until my new mattresses came. It was ok but not practical for long term. I kept my linen and bought new fitted sheets.
Buying the 48" in the first place was the biggest mistake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics